Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: MCLENNAN WINS WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS AT SUNSET SPEEDWAY  (Read 1304 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
MCLENNAN WINS WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS AT SUNSET SPEEDWAY

Darren McLennan took home the 'Winners Trophy' with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sunset Speedway Saturday night. Grabbing the lead from Mack DeMan with 7 laps to go, McLennan walked away with the win, his second in the 2016 season. 'I have to thank my brother Darcy for this win. He threw a bunch of changes at the car after it wasn't very good in practice and it just came around, said McLennan. I need to thank my wife, my parents and my sponsors, Flamboro Machine Shop, Brian's Service Center, Allaris, Merit Insurance, Paragon Staging, Yamaha Canada, Husqvarna, London Drive Systems and a very special thank you to Lucas Oil. I could not celebrate this win without all your support".

James Marche and Barry Dunn paced the field for the start of the race. Todd Cresswell took the lead coming out of turn 3 as the 1st lap was completed. Dunn now was in second place and DeMan charged from his 8th place start to third by lap 2. Marche was fourth and Ryan Fraser filled out the top five. Marche began to fall back as Fraser went around him. McLennan followed suit and moved into the top five. With one quick move, McLennan passed Fraser and had the leaders in view. Cresswell had a good lead over Dunn as DeMan was close behind in third.  Taking over second place from Dunn, DeMan began to reel in Cresswell.

McLennan passed Dunn for third and turned up the wick as his perfectly setup #48 could run anywhere on the track. Dunn stayed strong in fourth place as the strong running Darren Dryden joined the top five. The first and only caution came out on lap 10 as Rob Neely spun coming out of turn four and hit the inside wall. Neely went to the back of the field for the restart but his car had received some damage and was not running well.

At the halfway point DeMan took over the point from Cresswell and McLennan followed suit taking over second place. Dryden was now in fourth as Dunn remained in the top five. DeMan was running strong but McLennan had a little stored up for the finish. Cresswell hung on to third with Dryden on his tail. Neely pulled into the infield, done for the night.

Dryden went to third as DeMan and McLennan battled for the lead. McLennan won the fight and took over the point with 7 laps to go. Making sure he kept the lead McLennan ran smooth and quick. DeMan kept in second with Dryden getting stronger every lap. Cresswell was close behind and Adrian Stahle caught up to the leaders.

McLennan took the checkered flag followed by DeMan, Dryden, Cresswell and Stahle. Heats were won by Neely and McLennan. The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets return to Flamboro Speedway on Saturday, August 27th for the next scheduled event.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sunset Speedway on August 20th is...1.DARREN MCLENNAN, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Darren Dryden, 4. Todd Cresswell, 5. Adrian Stahle, 6. Barry Dunn, 7. Ryan Fraser, 8. James Marche, 9. Steven Murdock, 10. Jeff Blackburn, 11. Corey Whittam (R), 12. Rob Neely.

Top Ten In Driver Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets on August 20, 2016 are...1. MACK DEMAN...1796, 2.Darren McLennan...1736, 3. Ryan Fraser...1708, 4. Darren Dryden...1679, 5. Rob Neely...1675, 6. Adrian Stahle...1673, 7. Steven Murdock...1605, 8. Barry Dunn...1519, 9. Adam Racine...1387, 10. James Marche...1291.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23235.msg115798#msg115798
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats