Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Mason Keller to Compete with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour in 2018  (Read 1245 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Mason Keller to Compete with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour in 2018

Looks to get Another Win at the World Series of Stock Car Racing

Salem, IN (February 6, 2018) – 18 year old Mason Keller is already a veteran of racing with Champion Racing Association (CRA), but for the past five years that has been with the Lawrence Towing CRA Street Stocks Powered by JEGS. In 2018, Keller looks to move up and compete with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Presented by Chevrolet Performance, for the series Championship and Rookie of the Year honors.

“I am very honored and humbled to be in the position that I’m in,” remarked Keller. “With the CRA Street Stock series setting a great foundation for my career, I have very high hopes heading into my rookie season in the 2018, racing in the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour with Brandon Oakley Racing!”

Keller has raced in 49 CRA Street Stock races to date, since racing with the series as a 13 year old rookie in 2013. His highlight to date with that series was scoring a win in a 200 lap event at Kentucky Motor Speedway during the 2015 season. In all Keller produced 15 top five finishes and 24 top ten finishes, with three Fast Qualifier Awards, competing against some of the best street stock drivers in the country.

In February of 2017, Keller decided to go race in the Pro Late Model division at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida during the World Series of Stock Car Racing with Brandon Oakley Racing. Keller went into the high profile event having no prior late model experience. That lack of experience didn’t stop Keller from showing everyone he could race a late model. After finishing ninth and tenth in the first two Pro Late Model races that week, Keller ended up on the pole for the 30 lap feature on February 25th, the third event of the week for the Pro Late Models. Keller would lead every lap in getting the win in only his third start in a late model.

Keller would race in three more Pro Late Model events in the World Series of Stock Car Racing last February, getting two sixth place finishes and an eighth place finish, but more importantly he got a lot of experience in the Pro Late Model and showed he could be competitive behind the wheel of any type of racecar.

Keller would spend most of his racing during the 2017 season behind the wheel of his Street Stock, but did make his JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour debut on the famous High Banks of Winchester Speedway on Labor Day Weekend, where he once again made a big splash, getting a second place finish behind race winner Carson Hocevar. Keller would attempt one more series race on Winchester 400 Weekend, but that race ended early for him when he started having issues with his throttle.

“We are starting our 2018 season off at the World Series of Stock Car Racing in New Smyrna with the Pro Late Model division again, where we got our first win last year,” added Keller. “I feel we will be a lot better all-around team with more experience and knowledge. Going from a Street Stock to a Late Model is almost like learning to tie your shoes all over again. With my inexperience in the Late Models, Brandon Oakley and Gary Estes have done an awesome job bringing me up to speed in such a short time. We are looking forward to some great results in Florida and hopefully a few more trophies to add to the shelf!”

The 52nd Annual World Series of Stock Car Racing at New Smyrna Speedway will start this Friday, February 9th through Saturday, February 17th. The Pro Late Models will compete in seven of the nine nights of racing in the World Series of Stock Car Racing, with a 100 lap event on Friday, February 16th. More information on New Smyrna Speedway and the 52nd Annual World Series of Stock Car Racing is available at www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org.

The JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour will kick off its 2018 racing season on Sunday, April 29th at Birch Run Speedway. More information on the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour is available at www.cra-racing.com.

Glenn Luckett
Champion Racing Association
Office: (812) 883-0455
Cell: (812) 528-1622
www.cra-racing.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25789.msg118356#msg118356
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats