Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Oosterholt Claims 3 Track Titles; Is an Autumn Colours Classic Win Next  (Read 725 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Oosterholt Claims 3 Track Titles; Is an Autumn Colours Classic Win Next

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Peterborough Speedway’s biggest event of the 2018 schedule is about to rock Central Ontario. The 26th annual Autumn Colours Classic – presented by Lucas Oil Products – will go green October 5th to 7th at Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval. Close to 10 racing divisions will tackle the track during the 3 day Thanksgiving Weekend.

“Just as the teams are going through their pre-race checklists, our promotional team is taking care of the final details to make sure we’re ready when the fans start coming through the gate,” said track owner and promoter J.P. Josiasse. “Even though this event has been part of the provincial motorsports calendar for more than a quarter of a century, you only get one chance to do things right.”

The year was 2013. Ryan Oosterholt took his place in the Peterborough Speedway record books by clinching the 4Fun/Bone Stock and Mini Stock track championships. Fast-forward to 2018 and the hard-charger from Blackstock, Ontario wrote a fresh page in track history with 3 championships in the same season, with titles in the Bone Stock, Mini Stock and Renegade Truck divisions.

“It was an all-around great season and I had a lot of fun,” said Oosterholt. “I have to thank the car owners, crew members, my family and friends for being there to help me jump from car-to-car so many times throughout the year. That can be half the battle but I had some amazing people around to make it a seamless transition.”

Even with his tremendous regular season success, an Autumn Colours Classic win is the one thing that has eluded Ryan Oosterholt’s grasp. He has come close in the past, but bad racing luck or mechanical issues have kept him from victory lane. For this year’s edition, the chicken farmer – who’ll celebrate his 28th birthday in November – will run the same #57 Bone Stock and #79 Mini Stock that he wheeled to 2 of his 3 track titles.

Race teams and fans in Central Ontario are making plans to be part of the 26th annual running of the Autumn Colours Classic – presented by Lucas Oil Products – at Peterborough Speedway. The 3 day Thanksgiving Weekend event gets underway Friday, October 5th with opening round practice and qualifying for the Battlefield Equipment Rental Bone Stock, Jiffy Lube Mini Stock, Super Stock, Trailers Plus Ontario Legend and OSCAAR Modified classes. They’ll share the spotlight with the APC Auto Parts Young Guns races for Mini Stock and Super Stock runners.

Pit gates open at 10:00, with the spectator grandstands unlocked at 5:00 and the weekend’s first green flag at 6:00. See the ‘Autumn Colours’ tab at www.peterboroughspeedway.com or the track’s Facebook and Twitter social media platforms for the latest news and full schedule details.

Multiple heat and feature race wins fueled Ryan Oosterholt’s charge to the 2018 Bone Stock, Mini Stock and Renegade Truck division track championships at Peterborough Speedway.

Prepared by: Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                      clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com, www.facebook.com/clarkemotorsports

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26663.msg119230#msg119230
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats