Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Demo Derby At sunset?  (Read 13794 times)

Offline SSWebguy

• Track Owner
  • EX-Webguy :)
Re: Demo Derby At sunset?
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 02:28:53 PM »
Just because it has a engine and moves dosn't mean its racing. Jumping a motor cycle has as much in common with racing as using a gas lawnmower to cut your lawn.

Can you clarify this?  Last I checked my lawnmower runs on gas...

See with these side shows, you've seen it once, you seen them all.... How many time do you want to watch some guy jump something on a motorcycle? Gets old real quick. Racing on the other hand is different each night, which is part of what makes it enjoyable.

That isn't always true.  Something different always happens with a "side show" or they wouldn't get booked by the tracks.  As for racing, how many times do you get a track where the top five in a division usually end up being the top five every week, often with one or two guys dominating the wins?  That fits the definition of something that isn't different every night.

Ross, remember that you are looking at it from a driver's point of view.  That puts you in a "die hard" group of fans who love racing.  The fans who come out and pay at the grandstand gate are all kinds of people who want to see a show.  Next time something different runs at the track take a look at the crowd - a loonie says it is bigger, not smaller.  So cutting out "side shows" is like turning away people at the gate.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8060.msg50627#msg50627
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:27:38 AM by SSWebguy »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 02:28:53 PM »

Offline HackitAuto

• Rookie Driver
  • Yea!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 11:51:55 PM »
Wow mr ross,  You have a hatred for side shows. i have done derby's for a about five years and fans sure do yell loud when you make an end to end hit. When i won at Sunset a couple years ago (the derby and the backwards race) after it was all over the promoter dude was very happy and coulden't stop telling my friends and I  about how happy he was! Derby's also  have a very large following like there friends, girlfriends, ex wives, and many unplaned children  with them (the next generation of derby drivers) and they bring money into the speedway for your beloved purses! But to think like you for a min, why not put stompen tom in a derby car  and i promise you that alot of race cardrivers will be steping up to drive in derby cars. anyways that is just my view.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8060.msg50772#msg50772
Spencer is over rated, J to the r-o-c is where its at. He spins more rymes than a lazy susan! You just can't beat that

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:59 AM »
why not put stompen tom in a derby car  and i promise you that alot of race cardrivers will be steping up to drive in derby cars. anyways that is just my view.

Yeah probably LOL

I've run derbys myself. I'm not knocking them. I'm saying they shouldn't be used as a side show, belittles them much the same as the racing.. Kinda like how about I come out to Simcoe and run a few laps in the pit in my thunder to entertain the fans? Your thinking I'm nuts now, but isn't the same the other way around?

BTW while we got you here 1) Did they run the derby on the PAVED track? 2) if they did, how did that work? 3) water or oiled it or crazy hard hits??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8060.msg50781#msg50781
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:59 AM »

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 07:34:23 AM »
BTW while we got you here 1) Did they run the derby on the PAVED track? 2) if they did, how did that work? 3) water or oiled it or crazy hard hits??

The one time I seen a demo at Sunset...it was on the pavement...dry pavement...although they made the "arena" very small...it still produced some extremtly hard hits

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8060.msg50784#msg50784
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline HackitAuto

• Rookie Driver
  • Yea!
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 08:11:12 AM »
it was on the very dry front stretch! my neck hurt for about a week, but it made some crazy hard hits  and a very good show.  If you don't like the derby's at the  track nobody will make you watch them

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8060.msg50786#msg50786
Spencer is over rated, J to the r-o-c is where its at. He spins more rymes than a lazy susan! You just can't beat that

HTML ezBlock

site
stats