Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cadillac Racing Team Konica Minolta to Start Fourth in Canada  (Read 1164 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cadillac Racing Team Konica Minolta to Start Fourth in Canada

Cadillac teams poised for strong race

Cadillac V-Performance Racing team Konica Minolta Cadillac will start the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) fourth tomorrow. The Mustang Sampling Cadillac will start 11th and the Whelen Engineering Cadillac will start 12th.

The three Cadillac prototype race cars took to the 2.4-mile, 10-turn circuit under near perfect conditions of sunny skies and 70°F temperatures for the 15-minute qualifying session this afternoon. Renger Van Der Zande, driving the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R, put in a time of 1:07.093 good for a second row starting position for tomorrow's 2 p.m. ET start.

"I'm pretty pleased with what we did in qualifying by the team and in terms of my driving," Van Der Zande said. "I think we improved a lot - a lot - from first practice to qualifying. The boys did a very, very good job there. On this track, you need a lot of front-end grip in the high-speed corners and a lot of rear-end grip in the low-speed corners, which is always a compromise. I think we played that very well. On top of that, I pushed really hard for a lap and I think all went well there. I'm happy to be fourth, starting this race on the second row. Now, it will be a matter of staying out of trouble during the first stint tomorrow."

The No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac team had Christian Fittipaldi behind the wheel. He was able to put in a lap of 1:08.009 that will have him and Filipe Albuquerque starting from the sixth row.

"The car wasn't bad, but I didn't get the most out of the tires because during one of my fast laps I had a big moment in Turn 3 and from there, we lost performance in our tires which is normal," Fittipaldi said. "The car definitely can do more and I wasn't able to put the perfect lap in while the tires were at their best. We've made a lot of progress this weekend and are way ahead of where we were at this point last year so I think we have a much better Cadillac for the race here than we did last weekend."

The No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R driven by Eric Curran in qualifying put in a lap time of 1:08.168 that will have him also starting from the sixth row. Curran is joined in the 31 by Felipe Nasr.

"We had a quick Whelen Cadillac yesterday and this morning," Curran said. "With the temperatures going up this afternoon, our car just didn't match the track perfectly so we were losing out on a couple of the corners. It's too bad because the car is really good in some places. We have some time to make up, but our Whelen guys will do a good job tomorrow and we will see what we have in the race. We've got some great guests here with Whelen this weekend so hopefully we can get this Cadillac back to victory lane here."

The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix from Canadian Tire Motorsport Park will take the green flag at 2 p.m. The TV broadcast will be delayed, starting on FS1 at 4 p.m. ET, Sunday, July 8.

Cadillac DPi-V.R 2018 Results
Track Drivers Qualify Finish Points
Daytona Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 3 1   
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 7 2   
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 1 15   
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 5 20   
Sebring Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 8 10 3 (56)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 5 3 1 (62)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 10 2 7 (48) 
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 1 12 11 (30)
Long Beach Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 5 1 35 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 2 7 32 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 6 3 16 (4)
Mid-Ohio Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 6 4 119
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 8 109
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 5 104
Detroit Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 4 6 144
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 6 1 144
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 7 5 130
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 13 48
Watkins Glen Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi
Gabby Chaves 14 6 169 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 11 7 168 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 8 5 156 (4)
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 11 68 (24)
CTMP Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi 11     
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4     
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26250.msg118817#msg118817
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats