Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Danny Bowes and Patrick Emerling Claim Victory in Jukasa Motor Speedway  (Read 1019 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Danny Bowes and Patrick Emerling Claim Victory in Jukasa Motor Speedway Open Wheel Extravaganza

By Dan Cabral

HAGERSVILLE, ON - Despite the threatening skies in the area all afternoon, Jukasa Motor Speedway’s Open Wheel Extravaganza went off without a hitch on Saturday night. A near-capacity crowd was on hand to witness the ROC Modifieds and ISMA Supermodifieds visit to Canada’s reborn Crown Jewel.

In ROC Modified competition, Orchard Park, NY standout Patrick Emerling collected his second win of the 2018 campaign, out dueling Andy Jankowiak and Daryl Lewis Jr. en route to victory lane.

Post-race, Emerling had high-praise for Jukasa and the Ontario fans and expressed an immediate desire to return in the near future.

“This track was just incredible tonight,” said Emerling. “This is one of the fastest places we’ll race all season. The facility is top-notch, the fans were awesome and I think we put on a great show for them”

“I hope we come back,” added the current ROC point leader. “This might just be one of my new favourite places to race”

After the ISMA Modifieds set the bar for action, the ROC modifieds followed up with a 100-Lap affair that was every bit as compelling.

When the smoke had cleared, Epping, NH’s Dan Bowes stood in victory lane - his first career ISMA Supermodified win - after having turned back a number of attempts by defending ISMA champion Jon McKennedy.

Post-race, Bowes spoke with ISMA head of PR Carol D. Haynes and explained his thought process throughout the 50-lap contest.

“I was trying to take it easy out there but I got really lose when (Jon McKennedy) got underneath me and then the caution came out. I said ‘then stop going easy and just go’. And, that’s what I did”

“The crowd here is awesome tonight. I didn’t think we were going to see that with all the rain earlier. Thank you to all the sponsors, track officials, everyone. It was fun. This place is fast. I really hope we come back. I hope everybody liked the race and they come back too.”

ISMA QUEENSTON CHEV 50 RESULTS:
1. Dan Bowes 2. Jon McKennedy 3. Johnny Benson 4. Michael Muldoon 5. Kyle Edwards 6. Mark Sammut 7. Trent Stephens 8. Mike Lichty 9. Mike Ordway Jr. 10. Timmy Jedrzejek 11. Mike McVetta 12. Larry Lehnert 13. Rich Reid 14. Moe Lilje 15. Dave McKnight

ROC MODIFIED GREAT CANADIAN 100 RESULTS:
1. Patrick Emerling 2. Andy Jankowiak 3. Daryl Lewis Jr. 4. Mike Leaty 5. Tommy Catalano 6. Alan Bookmiller 7. Danny Knoll Jr. 8. Amy Catalano 9. Calvin Carroll 10. Larry Jackson 11. Daren Scherer 12. Nikki Carroll 13. Chuck Hossfeld 14. Karl Hehr 15. George Skora III 16. Timmy Catalano 17. Bill Mislin 18. Scott Wylie 19. Brent McLean 20. Scott Hossfeld 21. Sherri Hogan

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26302.msg118869#msg118869
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats