Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Micks takes tenth in new NASCAR series  (Read 1134 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Micks takes tenth in new NASCAR series
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

Veteran dropped back from lead after race collision

NELLES CORNERS, ONTARIO – Driving the Beyond Digital Imaging Ford Taurus, Kerry Micks finished tenth in Cayuga Speedway’s Dodge Dealers 200 Saturday night, the inaugural race in the new NASCAR Canadian Tire Series.

It was not the finish Micks was hoping for, especially after leading in the race.

“We worked our way into the lead by the halfway point in the race before getting turned around,” said the disappointed stock car racing veteran after the 200-lap race. “That led into a chain reaction of bumps and bruises that sent us flying into the infield."

Micks, the 46-year old driver from Mt. Albert, Ontario started the race in ninth position and worked his way to the lead by the halfway point in the race.

“I got into Jeff Lapcevich during the race, which I’m sorry about,” explained Micks. “It was a misjudgement on my part and I certainly did not mean to take him out.”

“We have a primary sponsorship agreement with Beyond Digital Imaging for the first three events of the season,” added Micks. BDI is Canada's leading digital printing company an official partner and licensee of NASCAR in Canada. "It takes a considerable amount of financing to field one of these race teams. When we secure a sponsor for the rest of the series I’m confident we can take them to the winner’s circle."

Don Thomson Jr. won the Dodge Dealers 200 followed closely by Mark Dilley in second. Peter Gibbons was third.

The next NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event of the season, The Father's Day Doubleheader Weekend presented by Canadian Shield Anti-Crime will take place Saturday and Sunday, June 16-17 at Mosport International Raceway, located 100 kilometers east of Toronto on the 2.5-mile, 10-turn road course in Bowmanville, Ontario.

For information about Mosport tickets and camping, call the Mosport Hotline at (800) 866-1072 or visit online at www.mosport.com

Beyond Digital Imaging (BDI), Canadian Detailing Services, Cathcart Trucking and APX Racing Gear and Incentives Inc. sponsor Micks Motorsports.

For more information, contact Bruce F. Mehlenbacher bruce@jajentertainment.com

Photo Credit: Bill Mehlenbacher

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:

Bruce F. Mehlenbacher
Director of Public Relations
Office: (905) 772-1800 Ext. #22
Cellular: (905) 517-5345
E-mail: bruce@jajentertainment.com

Susan Micks
Micks Motorsports
Telephone: (905) 473-9544
Direct: (905) 473-9289
Cellular: (905) 853-3876
E-mail: kmicks@neptune.on.ca 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6087.msg25298#msg25298
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 29, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats