Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Event Preview: CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series Golden Leaf 200  (Read 715 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Event Preview: CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series Golden Leaf 200
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »
Event Preview: CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series

Golden Leaf 200

Southern National Motorsports Park – Kenly, NC

Mooresville, NC 09/24/13: Round two of the X-1R Pro Cup Championship Series hits the .400 high banks of Southern National Motorsport Park in Kenly, NC this Saturday night. If the racing that took place at Orange County Speedway, to kick off the championship, is any indication of what to expect as a fan at Southern National it could be an action packed night with a few hot tempers. Intense points battles between Clay Rogers and JP Morgan for the top spot has formed, as well as the battle for 2013 AFR Rookie of the Year honors between Brady Boswell and Eric Gerchak who’s fight is even tighter. Outside the points battles, spring race winner Caleb Holman returns to the series action in hopes of visiting Edlebrock Victory Lane once again at SNMP. While two time NASCAR Weekly Series National Champion Lee Pulliam makes his series debut at the same track he scored three of his twenty-seven victories behind the wheel of his late model stock car.

Golden Leaf 200 Notes

NOTES:

Track/Location: Southern National Motorsport Park – Kenly, NC     Track Size: .400   

Event Name: Golden Leaf 200                                                              Laps: 200 Laps/80 Miles 

Event Schedule:                                  Series Standings:                    AFR Rookie Standings:

Practice: 11:45 AM – 12:15 PM          1) Clay Rogers 345                  1) Eric Gerchak 310

12:45 PM - 1:45 PM             2) JP Morgan -35                     2) Brady Boswell -10

Qualifying: 5 PM                                 3) Brady Boswell -60               3) Reid Wilson -67

Race: 6:30 PM                                     4) Eric Gerchak -60                                         

5) Gus Dean -81                                 

Media Coverage:

-CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series Facebook (www.facebook.com/CARSProCup) and Twitter (@X1RProCup)

-SPEED 51 (www.speed51.com) “Trackside Now” Live Event Coverage

TOP STORIES:

NASCAR National Champion Lee Pullium to Make Series Debut: Recently crowned two time NASCAR National Weekly Series Champion, Lee Pulliam of Semora, NC, will make his X-1R Pro Cup Series debut this weekend at Southern National driving for Rusty Skewes the #41 Top Gun Motorsport team. Pulliam scored his second late model NASCAR Weekly Series championship title by obtaining a “perfect record” of 810 points this season, being only the fourth to do so in NASCAR Whelen Series history. According to Pulliam the opportunity to compete at the next level in the X-1R Pro Cup Series has his perspective behind the wheel shifted compared to a normal late model stock car race.     

“I can’t thank Rusty (Skewes) enough for giving me this opportunity to drive for his car. I know I’ve had a good season behind the wheel of the late model, but the Pro Cup car will be a different animal and the races are longer so I’m sure there will be a learning curve ,” noted Pulliam. “Hopefully I can give them a good run and be able to mix it up with guys like Clay Rogers and J.P. Morgan. If you can beat guys like that you’ve done something.”

Matching Each Other’s Moves: Clay Rogers captured the victory in the series last outing at Orange County Speedway on September 14th keeping the champion lead. His championship rival, JP Morgan, matched Rogers every move up until the final lap. Morgan’s runner up finish kept the points tight just as the 2012 champion has done all year. The same can be said for Air Flow Research Rookie of Year contenders Eric Gerchak and Brady Boswell. The two have taken turns being the rookie of the race all season long. Boswell has made strides as the championship series approached while Gerchak has struggled with a string of bad luck. With both battles as tight as they are look for all drivers involved to use strategy throughout the race at Southern National to gain the most points possible on their fellow competitors. Bonus points for leading a lap, leading the most laps, hard charger of the race, and leading at halfway could be huge down the stretch!

Placing Bets on the Driver to Beat: After easily winning at Southern National earlier this season, Caleb Holman, has to be the favorite heading into this weekend’s Golden Leaf 200. Holman qualified second, led at the race’s halfway mark, and then set sail on the field in the second half of the race to claim the victory. The Abingdon, VA driver missed the race at Orange County two weeks ago due to a death in the family. With Southern National next on the schedule and as a dominating race as he had last time, there was no way he was missing this race.   

“I had one of the best cars I’ve had at the racetrack in a while the last time we were at Southern National. If we unload with anywhere close to what we had last time we’ll have a fast car to work with through practice,” said Holman. “It’s a track I enjoy racing at, there is plenty of room and you carry a lot of speed into the turns. As long as you don’t overdrive the entrance you should have a good car down the stretch when it counts.” 

For more information on the X-1R Pro Cup Series including news, results, and photos visit the series website at www.x1rprocup.com. For series operations and marketing information contact Chris Ragle at chris@carsprocup.com or call 940-393-3167. For general information about the X-1R Pro Cup Series contact the series office at 704-662-9212.

Chris Ragle
Director of Operations/Marketing
CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series
www.x1rprocup.com
Office: 704-662-9212
Phone: 940-393-3167
Email: chris@carsprocup.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18614.msg109427#msg109427
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Event Preview: CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series Golden Leaf 200
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats