Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Casebolt wins American Ethanol Late Model Tour 40 lapper at Plymouth  (Read 829 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Casebolt wins American Ethanol Late Model Tour 40 lapper at Plymouth
Plymouth, Ind., August 5—Richmond, Indiana’s Steve Casebolt came home the winner of the 40-lap American Ethanol Late Model Tour feature race on the dirt at the Plymouth Speedway Saturday night.

The 39-year-old Casebolt guided his Sudz Car Wash/Gotta Race Competitive Racegear-sponsored No. c9 entry to the $4,000 victory ahead of Illinois’ Tim Manville, who pressured Casebolt most of the race for the top spot.  Finishing behind the leading duo were series points leader Dona Marcoullier, Travis Stemler, Tripp Gerrald and Brandon Thirlby.

A field of 20 started the 40 lapper on the three-eighths-mile oval with Casebolt taking control from his outside front row starting position. Casebolt and Manville raced the bottom groove while Marcoullier worked the top groove to move to third spot.  Casebolt felt a lot of pressure from Manville at about the half-way point of the race.

“I knew he (Tim Manville) was going to be good,” said Casebolt.  “He started up close (to the front) like we were.  He is always a good racer. This place slicked up on the bottom (groove). The toughest part was trying to hold him off.  I wanted more traffic.  They kept having yellows. I thought if we got into traffic I could shake Tim.”

Steven Brooks of New Lenox, Ill., captured the 25-lap main event for UMP DIRTcar modifieds, holding off a persistent Frank Marshall.  Jamie Lomax finished third followed by Dylan Woodling, Larry Witt Jr. and Phil Hamand.

“Early on in the race, I couldn’t get a rhythm going,” said Brooks. “At one point there we caught lapped traffic racing side-by-side.  They were racing hard for their spot and we were able to sneak by them.”

Plymouth’s modified division points leader Randy Lines, of Marion, Ind., was injured after his car took several violent flips during the first eight-lap heat race of the night. It was reported that he was being taken to Memorial Hospital of South Bend with undisclosed injuries. His wife later confirmed that he is going to be ok, just sore while he recovers.

Preston Oberle bested Chris Joseph and Tom Grall in the 25-lap feature race for Thunder Stocks division.

Top 5 in the Late Model finish included: Steve Casebolt, Tim Manville, Dona Marcoullier, Travis Stemler and Tripp Gerrald.

Saturday night, Aug. 12, Plymouth hosts fan appreciation night — every fan who comes through the gate gets a free bag of popcorn from S&S Concessions. It will be back to the normal race schedule, with Modifieds, Thunder Stocks, 600s, Pro Sprints, Street Stocks and Mini-Wedges. Pits cost $30; adults are $12; children 6-12 are $5 and 5 and under are free. Racing begins at 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13, the Playground of Power hosts the Kenny Wallace Driving Experience from 8 a.m. til dark.

Find results, photos and more on Plymouth Speedway on Facebook, or the website: www.plymouthspeedway.net.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24778.msg117344#msg117344
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats