Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tim Burke is hoping for a Season Filled with Checkered Flags  (Read 1982 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Tim Burke is hoping for a Season Filled with Checkered Flags

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Wherever the track and whatever the division, the goal of every weekly racer is the same; to win early and win often. With a handle like “Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval”, Peterborough Speedway can be a difficult place to score that first win. Apparently, Tim Burke missed that memo.

After spending the past few seasons on the sidelines, the 50 year old campaigner from Bancroft, Ontario – who works as a heavy equipment mechanic and heavy truck technician – made his 2015 debut a memorable one. On his first night of action in the Renegade Truck division, the driver of the #99 machine scored a win in his qualifying event and wound-up posing for congratulatory photos in Dart Heating and Air Conditioning Victory Lane following completion of the feature race. Burke says it was an incredible start to the year and he’ll be looking to maintain the hot streak in the weeks to come.

“During the drive to the track, I was thinking about how great it would be to win, but really had no idea of what to expect,” confessed Tim Burke. “A combination of some good racing luck and a strong horse really paid off when it counted and did wonders to give the team an early season shot in the arm. I might be the new kid on the block, but I’d be just fine to have the rest of the field stare at my tailgate a few more times before the end of the season.”

While this may be his first year parading a pick-up around the tight, tricky bullring on Mount Pleasant Road, west of the Liftlock City, Tim Burke is far from a raw racing rookie. His background includes time in an ACT Late Model at Kawartha Speedway, as well as on the Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup and OSCAAR Modified tours. The likeable racer says he owes much of what he has been able to accomplish in the sport to a solid working relationship with a great marketing partner.

“I’m happy to have carried the Lynval Contracting (www.lynval.net) brand through every stage of my racing endeavours,” said Burke. “They’ve been excellent supporters and great friends along each step in my career. This year, we’re also donating all of our race winnings and anything we have donated through the season to the Canadian Cancer Society, in memory of my mother who passed away in April after a 6 month battle with the deadly disease.”

Next on the agenda for Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval is the first of the year’s three Toonie Grandstand Admission/Fan Appreciation Night – presented by Pepsi – Saturday, May 30th. Racing will include the Battlefield Equipment Rental 4Fun, Renegade Truck, Earl Ireland Auto Sales Late Model and INEX Ontario Legend divisions. Pit gates will open at 2:00, with the grandstand areas unlocked at 4:00 and racing at 5:00.

Fans can always find the latest news at www.peterboroughspeedway.com  or by liking the track on Facebook or following it on Twitter.  You can also download the free Peterborough Speedway app on your Smartphone.

Photo attachment: Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

It was his first night in the Renegade Truck division, but Bancroft, Ontario’s Tim Burke scored a qualifying heat and feature event win in the #99 Lynval Contracting Dodge – Saturday, May 16th – at Peterborough Speedway.

Prepared by: Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                      clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21027.msg113463#msg113463
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats