Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: D.J.Kennington Running Dover  (Read 13437 times)

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
Re: D.J.Kennington Running Dover
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
I havebeen a member of this site for a few months now and am not one to go on the personal here however I am getting sick of the comments made by you MR.PINECREST.

First of I would like  to state  The equipment DJ is using in the bush searies is a year old and several races now it is NOT up to current Gannassi cars so it by no means is top of the line it is good solid equipment to gain seat time and experience in  furthur ore he is not using evernham hendrick ect engine there for i will wager he is slightly down on power and being a privatly funded team I bet they are taking it easy on engine and not spinning as much RPM  due to the price of replacing it. 

Furthur more the point you need to understand the most if he only made 1 lap he had accomplised more that 95% of racers in the world can ever dream of .

you state a list of drivers taht he should have beat of that group of  drivers take a little look how many of them have made laps around these track DJ is seeing for the first time that  are nowere close to comparing to any tracks the cascar seriesr have ever been on .

and last but not least you state you have 4 cascar races experience one cart race and a 4th at indy  plus many more accomplishments i would say you have a lack of experience and knowledge  why aret you there any more ? I would wager it on no one can put up with you .  4 cascar races that is a joke  one cart race proably finished last and a 4th at indy would have been because 5 cars started you really need to grow up act like a man and if you dont support this young candain tallent keep it to yourself .

Its unfortunate that you are sick of hearing my opinion but what you are really saying is you are sick of hearing the facts . You need to read my post again since you seem to have missed the fact that the results for the Ganassi Busch cars I quoted were from 2006 and 2005 and not his current Busch cars . You stated that you suspect that DJ may not be "turning the same RPM as other teams " This would be highly unlikely since the Busch series has a gear rule which makes everyone turn about the same RPM.

I did not say I had only been with a team that raced 4 CASCAR races I said I was with a team that WON 4 CASCAR races and a team that WON a CART race and a 4th at Indy , You really need to work on your reading comprehension as well . You may want to educate your self on Indy as they have never started less then 33 cars .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25521#msg25521
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:44:36 PM by Pinecrest »
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »

Offline Pinecrest

• Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 01:08:47 PM »
Pinecrest, you are the most disrespectful, unknowledgable 'fan' I have ever seen. Do everyone a favour and ************!

As I have said everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are entitled to yours however I do think my wife would disagree with your opinion on my sexual preference.  Being part of teams that have won ten Canadian stock car track championships  Four CASCAR races one CART race and a 4th in the Indianpolis 500 to name a some of the accomplishments I have garnered along the way I think I have acquired a bit of knowledge about racing over the years . Perhaps you would care to list some of your accomplishments over the years racefanincanada and we could compare . You would do much better to challenge my opinions with facts and complete coherent sentences rather then childish personal attacks . It  would seem that you and your ilk are put off the most by my candor and that you cannot dispute my facts .

Returning this thread to the discussion at hand I would have thought DJ would have run better in the Ganassi cars they purchased then 5 laps down and I am sure DJ feels the same way . As far as the  previous quality of the Macdonald cars I think that Donnie Neuenbergers best finish of 38th in the equipment and the fact that DJ chose not to campaign them speaks for its self.

Hmmm, you think that Donnie Neuenbergers best finish of 38th speaks for itself, however wouldn't Kevin Lepage's best finish of 9th in one of Randy's car's in 2005 also speak for itself?  And before you say it, 19 cars finished on the lead lap of the Charlotte race where Kevin finished 9th

marcisfan did you really think that statement would fly with out someone pointing out the facts ? I attended that race at Lowe's after Humpys levigating of the track (a disaster) Kevins 9th should have got him the medal of valour and was maybe the only time in NASCAR history that having a slow car paid off .  Drivers such as Brent Sherman Ashton Lewis had their career bests that night due to a track that probally should not have held a race given the conditions . If you are unaware of what happened that night a Charlotte I will try to find you a link to a story about it but if you want to engage me in a discussion about the merits of MacDonald's equipment using what happened that night you  may have used the worst example you could have pointed out .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25523#msg25523
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 01:18:02 PM by Pinecrest »
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

Offline 2wheeler

• Car Owner
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »
Add me to the list of those congratulating DJ. I thought he had a good finish considering everything. Some posters need to quit bashing each other over trivial nitpicking. One thing I've learned reading these posts is that some people just don't get along.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25531#msg25531

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

Offline ace

• Track Owner
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 09:16:03 PM »
Nice run, DJ.  Pinecrest, you're a jackass.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25532#msg25532

Offline fourbarrelcarb

• Car Owner
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
Pinecrest your supposed to be an expert in racing after all your years of service.....i bet if we knew who you really are it would turn out you were the waterboy for a 4 cylinder team.......

p.s. your a jackass

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25534#msg25534

Offline Needforspeed003

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »
pinecrest look up some info dude i am well aware of the gear rule i have been threw bush inspections before  ,  however the gear rule gives you a  mximium ratio of gear limiting the max RPM a team can turn out of an engine . I will wager DJ is not using the MAX gear rule to save his equipment.  you really  need to think about your knowledge of the rules before you post.

once again if you are the god all mighty of racing whya rent you doing all the great acomplishments any more? just because you bought the hat and tshirt doesntmean you were on the team.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25535#msg25535
"Snobs may dismiss pushrods as "dinosaur-era" but when GM is building small-blocks
that makes more power, are more fuel efficient, and are lighter, smaller and
cheaper than equivalent overhead-cam V8 engines,who's really the fool?"-HotRod Magizine

Offline Pinecrest

• Series Owner
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:50 AM »
pinecrest look up some info dude i am well aware of the gear rule i have been threw bush inspections before  ,  however the gear rule gives you a  mximium ratio of gear limiting the max RPM a team can turn out of an engine . I will wager DJ is not using the MAX gear rule to save his equipment.  you really  need to think about your knowledge of the rules before you post.

once again if you are the god all mighty of racing whya rent you doing all the great acomplishments any more? just because you bought the hat and tshirt doesntmean you were on the team.

The gear rule implemented by NASCAR this year restricting teams to a single, mandated gear at every race track with the exception of Daytona and Talladega – the two restrictor plate tracks on the schedule – will change the racing and create some unique challenges.

The new, smaller rear-end gear means a significant loss of power, forcing drivers to re-think how they will enter and exit each turn and make a pass.

Some think that the gear rule's impact will be the same as putting a restrictor plate on the engine – slowing the cars down and producing single-file racing. (Bob Margolis)

::)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25542#msg25542

Offline fourbarrelcarb

• Car Owner
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »
pinecrest you must be so happy with the coverage of nascar races.......jeff hammond and the cutaway car must make your life so much easier for stouting your infinite knowledge of nascar.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25543#msg25543

Offline SR4384

• Pit Crew
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »
I've been reading this thread for a while now, and in my honest opinion, coming to a track like Dover, as a rookie, in a car you don't personally own, the #1 goal for the race has to be to finish the race with the car in one piece. DJ did that, and finishing in the top 25, that is a great finish, and congratulations to him.

Its far better to be known for bringing the car home in one piece and top 25 than bringing the car home in pieces and ticking off half the field. He's going about things the right way from a drivers point of view.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25556#msg25556

Offline joeyw

• Car Owner
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
Pine crest is a  despicable character but a realist ,who in there right mind would think that constantly finished at the back of the field  deserves any praise or merit l am surprised Kennington can hold his head up, as any one else should be shot for having so many hooters cup and busch rides given to them and embarrasing themselves and the sponsor .Hey D.J do your self a favor stay home.PLEAZEEEEEEE.
Don't blame the equiptment don't blame incidents blame D.J for putting himself in that position time after time after time. "5 laps down at dover and its great that he finished" "good seat time" are you guys race fans or nut huggers.????

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25557#msg25557
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:58:17 PM by joeyw »

Offline barriefan1

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
Pine crest is a  despicable character but a realist ,who in there right mind would think that constantly finished at the back of the field  deserves any praise or merit l am surprised Kennington can hold his head up, as any one else should be shot for having so many hooters cup and busch rides given to them and embarrasing themselves and the sponsor .Hey D.J do your self a favor stay home.PLEAZEEEEEEE.
Don't blame the equiptment don't blame incidents blame D.J for putting himself in that position time after time after time. "5 laps down at dover and its great that he finished" "good seat time" are you guys race fans or nut huggers.????
What the hell are you talking about? Should he be expected to win by 5 laps over the field? With his number of starts in the Busch-style cars (4 career now) and with the second-hand equipment he has, and considering what everyone else (specifically the cup-associated teams) have to work with, he's finishing about where he should be. I think he should've been closer to the lead lap at Dover, sure, but he's not doing too bad compared to some of the bigger-money teams. Everyone's got to start somewhere. Either your post was a really crappy attempt at satire, or you have no clue about racing at all...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25560#msg25560

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 08:58:31 PM »
From Foxpsports.com....
News: NASCAR announced today that Robbie Wethington, crew chief of the No. 72 Dodge driven by D.J. Kennington in the NASCAR Busch Series, has been fined due to rule violations this past weekend at Dover International Speedway.
Impact: Wethington was fined $1,000 for violating Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used that do not conform to NASCAR rules) and 20A-12.5D: offset hubs will not be permitted (rear) of the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series Rule Book. The infraction was discovered during pre-race inspection on May 31. (NASCAR PR) (Tue. Jun 5, 2007)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25561#msg25561

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
I wonder how many other drivers should not be racing according to a couple peoples opinion on here.  As there is always drivers that show up to a track for the first time and they all say the same thing " I just want to finish the race and get as much seat time as possible".  Based on the opinions of a few here that would mean the likes of Carl Edwards, Juan Paublo Montoya and the most recent Nextel winner Martin Truex Jr. don't deserve to be in the races either as they have all said the same thing, the biggest difference between them and DJ's effort is that they got in rides which were first rate.  I say go get'em DJ and give him some credit for trying to make improvements on his racing career, he's finishing better then some racers who get to run a lot longer seasons and better equipment.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25562#msg25562

Offline Pinecrest

• Series Owner
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »
I wonder how many other drivers should not be racing according to a couple peoples opinion on here.  As there is always drivers that show up to a track for the first time and they all say the same thing " I just want to finish the race and get as much seat time as possible".  Based on the opinions of a few here that would mean the likes of Carl Edwards, Juan Paublo Montoya and the most recent Nextel winner Martin Truex Jr. don't deserve to be in the races either as they have all said the same thing, the biggest difference between them and DJ's effort is that they got in rides which were first rate.

DWfan you and a few other posters on this thread really need to quit making things up to suit the story you would like to tell .

First there has only been one poster on this thread who has been critical of DJs driving ability and that was JoeyW who I would very much like to distance myself from .

Second Carl Edwards started out racing for Danny Bost and Mike Mittler which sure weren't first class rides and were not near as well funded as what DJ has now . Martin Truex Jr ran his first two years in stuff that would be comparable to DJ (used equipment) with backing from his father (like DJ) with the exception of of a one off ride in a James Finch car and it wasn't until his third year while still running with his own stuff that he got a shot in Dale Jr's Chance 2 operation that then lead to his DEI deal .

Both Edwards and Truex showed signs of talent running in the top 10 several times when things like batteries going dead ignition boxes packed up and miscellaneous parts a pieces falling off slowed their progress.

I am not even going to address your comparison to an Indy 500 winner and former F1 driver (Montoya) to DJ since that is just plain silly.

Its still very early in DJs NASCAR career and the jury is still out on wether he will make it or not . I wish him lots of luck because its a tough road to hoe and you also need a little luck but lets keep the discussion factual.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6105.msg25563#msg25563

HTML ezBlock

site
stats