Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Rick Spencer-Walt Scores Third Straight Sauble Speedway Victory  (Read 1050 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Rick Spencer-Walt Scores Third Straight Sauble Speedway Victory
SAUBLE BEACH, Ontario — Using a mid-race restart to his advantage, Barrie's own Rick Spencer-Walt grabbed the lead and never looked back en route to his third straight victory at Sauble Speedway.

Starting third for the 75-lap feature, he’d remain in there until Lap 5, when he’d pass Lane Zardo to move into the second. Despite being heavily challenged for the position, he held on it through the beginning stretch of the feature until the first caution came out at Lap 29. He’d battle side-by-side with Danny Benedict on the restart, before falling back two spots to fourth.

However, the caution would come out at the same time for a pair of drivers getting together in turns three and four. Going back a lap to reset the running order, Spencer-Walt was able to restart in the runner-up spot. This worked out to Spencer-Walt’s advantage as he was able to take the top spot.

From there on, he managed to keep the field at bay behind him, despite being challenged on each of the ensuing restarts. Following the final yellow flag with eight laps to go, Spencer-Walt got another good restart, leading the rest of the way en route to the victory.

While admitting the car wasn’t as strong as it has been the past couple of weeks, Spencer-Walt credited the team for their hard work all-day.

“They sweat, they worked, they dug,” he said afterwards. “Like I said, the car wasn’t very good. I made a lot of changes in the car throughout the race with the brake bias, and myself in changing up the lines – trying inside, trying the outside. There’s a lot to driving these cars; it’s not as easy as everyone may thank. So I gotta thank them. Gotta thank Eldon for letting us do what we do. Auto Trim Design is here – they wrap these cars and make them look beautiful every week, and I smash ’em up and they look like crap but they do a good job of cleaning them up. And my smokin’ hot wife (Danielle); I can’t forget her.”

No doubt also quick to not forget the fan support that has been brewing with Spencer-Walt noting, “It’s pretty cool to hear the crowd when your name is mentioned when we’re not from around here; we just came to run against the best around, and we’re proving we’re the best around.”

With the latest results, Spencer-Walt has now posted six wins and 11 top-fives in his last 11 races at Sauble Speedway. The victory on Sunday allowed him to extend his lead in the Great Lakes Concrete Series to eight points over Jordan Lawrence with two races remaining, both which will take place at Sunset Speedway with the first of those on August 25.

Additionally, the Eldon Wallis-owned team currently leads the Sauble Speedway track standings by six points over Jason Parker. The next regular night of competition at the beach takes place on Saturday, August 18.

Spencer-Walt will be in action before then, though, competing at Sunset Speedway on Saturday, August 11 as part of the APC Auto Parts Late Models of Ontario Tour event.

Spencer-Walt Motorsports is proud to be supported by Gohydrovac.ca, Jim Wilson Chevrolet, Auto Trim Design, Byer’s Equipment Motorsports, Orser Technical Services, Heidi’s RV Superstore, GreenSteelRoof.ca, HOTC, Speedy Auto Glass Orillia, Frame Shop Huntsville, Speedy Auto Machine, Red Castle Performance, and EPIC Racewear.

Keep up with Rick Spencer-Walt and Spencer-Walt Motorsports by liking their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Motorsports/524817640964689?fref=ts and following Rick Spencer-Walt on twitter at https://twitter.com/Rwalt31.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26426.msg118993#msg118993
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats