Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Poll

How do you feel about the recent post puting user up against user?

This is good for CRO.
6 (17.1%)
This childish has to stop
9 (25.7%)
Issue more warnings.
2 (5.7%)
Temp ban members involved
15 (42.9%)
Ban Members for good.
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Happenings Of Late on CRO  (Read 18356 times)

Offline duken

• Series Owner
Re: Happenings Of Late on CRO
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »
Thanks Randy, I will pass along your good wishes to Teri and Matt.   Perhaps you can drop by sometime this upcoming season . 
  As for the PM system, it is not something I want to see taken away in fact ,but there must be a way to control how it is used if necessary to weed out the abusers. This was just a suggestion for further discussion.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7076.msg37831#msg37831
" It's not the sentiment of men that create history, it's their actions".

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »

username

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »
duken i don't think anyone wants to crucify mid, and exaggeration is not a mortal sin, but exaggeration is what we've been dealing with in the racing community for a while and we're all sick of the disappointment it brings.....recall the ISA or whatever it was called, how many times have we been promised big time shows, tracks, and events and have been let down.
By his exaggeration he diminished his credibility and that of the OSS and opened the door to questions or comments of the nature he received (for the most part).  the sad thing is he was building interest in the series just by being involved with this site, i was interested in what the OSS had to offer and was looking forward to going to a show this year.  he didn't need to promise a 40 car field or anything like that to gain support.

he should also realize that no matter what you do, there will always be someone trying to sh*t talk or be a devils advocate, or be jealous or just in a bad mood that day or whatever, and that will never change so accept it and move forward.  people are people.  answer the reasonable questions and don't get sucked into personal battles regarding an opinion whatever you do.   if you are trying to sell something and you are the spokesperson for an organization, don't bite the hand that feeds you. agree to disagree at worst with those who's support you wish to gain , and prove them wrong when the time comes.

unless the OSS will go belly up if joeshmoe thinks there will be 20 cars in the field, let joeshmoe think that and just do your work and see who is right on raceday.  for one joeshmoe you convince, there are 5 more who aren't, and that's the hard part about building something as he found out.

someone said it right when they said he should have predicted a more modest number and anything more is then seen as a success.

i respect what he is trying to do for the sport but he just wasn't cut out to be representing a series.  build it yes but let someone else deal with this end of it if it's making him so pissed off that he's burning his bridges.

i will forgive him but i feel that if the OSS doesn't move him to a different role they are doomed.

the best was when speedwaynews said.... "i agree with you mid"....that's a classic!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7076.msg37832#msg37832

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
Actually, talking about this stuff is a good thing.

As far as an OSS dedicated thread, that's ultimately up to the admin, but I'd guess that if enough people want to discuss the OSS than there should be a place for it. And given the fact that this site was initially created with a heavy slant toward CASCAR, its natural that there's lots of guys here that have an interest in the OSS. In no way would we try to stifle anyone from talking about the series just because of one loose screw.

Most of us here are racing people. Maybe not drivers or crew, but we understand the business. To try and stifle any discussion of the OSS, as well as being draconic, would be a travesty to all those teams, drivers, officials  and fans that are trying to make the OSS work.

This site, for better or for worse, is all inclusive. We've opened forums for so many different tracks and series that its almost impossible to keep them all straight. I think we'll still have our OSS forum too. (Frankly we almost have to...the way the boards are set up now, if we didn't have a dedicated board, no one would be able to find the thread again once it slips off the top 10 list on the main page.)

Anyway, I might wait till closer to the beginning of the season, but I think we'll see an OSS forum yet. AutoAssembler is right. They can't tell us we can't have an OSS forum.

In other notes, Duken brings up the PM system. All I can really add is that we may put an amendment on the CoC about abuse of PMs. As it stands, the PM system here is integral to what we, mods and admin, do. So it has to be active for us to use it.

Having said that, I feel the PM system is important for members to have dialog with one another, dialog that doesn't necessarily belong on the discussion boards. As we've said before, we really don't care if you swear in a PM, as long as you're not being abusive to other posters. In real life and in mixed company, you might huddle over in the corner to tell a dirty joke (unless you have no class)  Thats what PMs are for. On the main board, the world is watching, so you have to behave accordingly.

The PM system is supposed to be used for just that, personal messages: The ones that are sometimes so annoying when they come up in the middle of a serious thread...they go something like "Hey so and so....haven't seen you in a while...how's the kids...give my love to Aunt Betty"

We frankly wish that the PM feature was used more often, so the Personal Message feature is likely going to stay.

As I've said though, we'll do up an amendment for the CoC, just so we're all clear what the rules are.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7076.msg37833#msg37833
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
Evan and everyone else...

While I haven't said much on here lately... I usually found out what was going on after the fact, the fact is I have been following with interest. Sometimes the little brush fires happen somewhere else on the board where you don't expect them.

I would like to commend most of our members for acting in a responsible and respectful manner towards each other. I hope this continues. (especially the Sunset and Barrie boards where I have been known to spend a few minutes... :) I just thought I would mention this since this topic came up about OSS...

Best wishes to everyone for the New Year and upcoming season.
Thunder6

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7076.msg37839#msg37839
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

HTML ezBlock

site
stats