Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RANGER GOES FOR BROKE IN SEASON OPENER  (Read 2078 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RANGER GOES FOR BROKE IN SEASON OPENER
« on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »

May 17, 2015.  Driver of the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge Andrew Ranger doesn’t like to finish second.  Ranger believed he saw an opportunity to go for the race victory on the final lap of round one of the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series this past weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP).  Regrettably contact with the leader would hurt both drivers’ finishing position.

Following strong practice sessions Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team felt they were in good position during the opening weekend.  The Roxton Pond, Quebec native just missed scoring his sixth pole at the track but would start the race from the outside of row one.

When the green flag waved Ranger was on the charge looking to take over top spot and got the position on lap 12 of the 51 scheduled.  Following scheduled pit stops for fuel and tires the race was in the hands of the driver and he again had sights set on top spot.

Continuing his march forward Ranger hand maneuvered the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge into second position in the closing laps.  A number of caution periods in the closing stages bunch the field up and though he pushed hard Ranger was unable to take over the number one position.

On what proved to be the final restart Ranger hounded the #22 car and in the final couple of corners on the last lap forced the issue.  “I knew he make a little mistake in the last couple of corners and if I need to make a move it was on the last lap.  He opened the door a little bit,” stated Ranger.

In corner nine Ranger charged up the inside of the leader and there was contact between the two.  “Yes it’s true I made a big move,” said the driver.  “But I had to make a move, We hit and we both continued and I left him room so that he could come back on me and make a drag race to the finish, but he came back so fast and so hard on me we hit the tires” said a disappointed Ranger.

Ranger quickly got back on track and completed the final lap and still managed a ninth place result.  “First of all I have to say thank you to everyone at Mopar Motorsport for their hard work, we showed we were really fast and everything was perfect” said the driver.  “I need to make a move and I did it and this is racing.  My guys did a really good job now we’ve got to go to Quebec and do really well there” he added.

Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge return to action at the Autodrome Chaudière on Saturday June 13th.

Note:  You can watch all the action from race number one on Saturday May 23rd on TSN at 1PM Eastern.

Race fans can get more information and follow the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team all season by going to www.mopar.ca and clicking on Motorsports.   

Attached photo: Andrew Ranger in the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge in the opening event at CTMP

Photo Credit:  Mathew Murnaghan

Disclaimer:  This message is intended strictly for information purposes only and in no way solicits or implies any commercial offer.  Should you no longer wish to receive them simply indicate that by clicking unsubscribe below.

This release prepared by, TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com (239) 961-2618

RANGER TENTE LE TOUT POUR LA PREMIÈRE DE LA SAISON

17 Mai 2015. Le pilote de la voiture #27 de Mopart parts Dodge, Andrew Ranger, n’aime pas terminer deuxième. Ranger croyait avoir vu une opportunité de gagner la course lors du dernier tour, du premier événement de la Série NASCAR Canadian Tire cette fin de semaine au circuit Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Malheureusement le contact à empêcher les deux pilotes de terminer la course en positions respectives.

La fin de semaine avait commencé forte pour Ranger à bord du Dodge Mopart Parts #27 lors de ces sessions de pratiques. Le pilote de Roxton Pond, Quebec croyait être en bonne position pour la course malgré le fait qu’il partait en deuxième position, alors en position extérieur pour le virage 1. Il a manqué la chance de pouvoir remporter une sixième victoire sur le circuit ontarien.

Lorsque le drapeau vert est tombé, le pilote avait qu’un seul objectif; celui de la première position.  Il a pris les devants de la course au 12ième tour de 51. La stratégie des arrêts aux puits pour le ravitaillement d’essence et le changement de pneus s’est fait dans les temps et Ranger croyait toujours avoir la chance de terminer en première position.

Continuait sa bataille pour la première position, Ranger a été en mesure de place la voiture en deuxième position dans la dernière portion de course. Un bon nombre de drapeaux jaunes a rapproché le groupe, il avait beau poussé la machine Dodge Mopart Parts #27, il était incapable d’aller chercher la première position.

Sur la dernière relance, Ranger s’est mis à défier la voiture #22 dans les derniers tours et derniers virages de la course.  ‘’ J’ai vu qu’il commençait à commettre des petites erreurs durant les derniers virages, et si j’avais la chance d’avoir un trou, ça allait être sur le dernier tour. Il a ouvert la porte un petit peu ‘’ a commenté Ranger.

Dans le virage neuf, Ranger a pris l’intérieur sur la première place et un contact est survenu entre les deux voitures. ‘’ C’est vrai que c’était une grosse tentative ‘’ dit le pilote. ‘’ Mais je devais le tenter, on s’est touchés et on est reparti, je lui ai lassé de la place pour qu’il puisse revenir me chercher et qu’on l’a termine en drag, côte à côte, mais il est revenu tellement vite et tellement fort qu’il m’a frappé et on s’est retrouvé dans les pneus. ‘’ Dit le pilote avec un air déçu.

Ranger a quand même retourné en piste et a réussi à franchir la ligne d’arrivé en neuvième position. ‘’ J’aimerais tout d’abord remercier Mopar Motorsport pour leur gros travail avec la voiture, on a réussi à démontré qu’on était très vite et tout était parfait ‘’ dit le pilote. ‘’ Je devais faire la tentative, je l’ai fais, c’est la course, mon équipe a fait un travail exemplaire, maintenant on doit aller au Québec et y performer ‘’ ajoute-t-il.

Andrew Ranger et la voiture #27 Mopar Parts Dodge seront de retour en action sur le circuit de Chaudière, Samedi le 13 Juin.

Note : Vous pouvez regarder toute l’action de la première épreuve, samedi le 23 mai à 1PM heure de l’est.

Avis de non-responsabilité : Ce message vise des fins d’informations seulement et ne constitue ou n’implique d’aucune façon une offre commerciale. Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir ces informations, indiquez-le en répondant Se désabonner.

Communiqué préparé par TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com (239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20984.msg113415#msg113415
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats