Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: 2 RACING AND ALEX TAGLIANI JOIN FORCES AGAIN IN 2018  (Read 914 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
2 RACING AND ALEX TAGLIANI JOIN FORCES AGAIN IN 2018
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:16 AM »

For Immediate Release

22 RACING AND ALEX TAGLIANI JOIN FORCES AGAIN FOR 2018

MILVERTON, ON, Monday Nov. 6, 2017:  22 Racing is pleased to announce today that Alex Tagliani will be back with them in his #18 EpiPen/Lowes/St-Hubert/Spectra Premium sponsored car in 2018.  This will be the fifth year of partnership in the NASCAR Pintys Series between Tagliani and 22 Racing.

Alex has just wrapped up his Teal Pumpkin Project, a Halloween focused initiative to promote Food Allergy Awareness. The campaign saw him drive his #18 EpiPen/Lowes race car through the streets of a suburb of Montreal helping to raise awareness for this very important issue one which he suffers from with his severe nut allergies.

Since Tagliani joined the 22 Racing team to compete in Canada’s only national motorsports touring series, he has posted 5 wins, 4 poles, 16 top 5’s, 32top 10’s with 1,222 laps led bringing his career totals in the NASCAR Pinty’s series to 6 wins, 11 poles and 18 top 5’s. 

“Alex is a fierce competitor and is always working hard to improve himself and his team,” said team owner Scott Steckly.  “We look forward to seeing Alex on the podium with checkered flags again in 2018.”

“I’m very excited to be back with 22 Racing next year,” said Tagliani. “It will be five years together as a team, so it is like a big family now and I enjoy working with the crew as they have become my friends. They are a reflection of Scott who is a great guy and a fantastic team owner and we have done a lot together. We have managed to break a track record in NASCAR by lapping the entire field on an oval track and we finally won GP3R together with Tyler Case as my crew chief, something he wanted to do for a long time as well.  In motorsport everybody is seeking for continuity and stability and I think we have managed this with the help of amazing sponsors like EpiPen, Lowes, Spectra Premium & St Hubert so we are excited to be able to continue our race program.  2017 was not the season we wanted because after the 2016 season having run for a championship we had high hopes. We had a lot of bad luck this year.  We didn’t capitalize on the races we were strong as I made 2 mistakes, so not a clean season but I think we have the potential to run strong.  It should be an exciting winter knowing we are going to push hard for a championship in 2018.  There is still more news to come but exciting day when you know you are going to work with the same group of people again.”

The 2018 schedule has not been released yet, but one event has been announced and it will see the NASCAR Pinty’s Series make its debut outside of Canada at New Hampshire Motor Speedway tentatively on Sept. 20 & 21, 2018.

Follow Alex Tagliani on Twitter @tagliani on Facebook facebook /Tagliani and Instagram Tagliani18

Follow the 22 Racing Team on social media for behind the scenes updates on all their drivers and partners; Twitter @22RacingTeam & @ScottSteckly22, Facebook Fan Page 22racingteam and Instagram 22racingteam

About 22 Racing: 
22 Racing is owned by 4X NASCAR Pinty’s Series Champion Scott Steckly and is based out of Milverton Ontario in a new (2014) 7,500 square foot race shop.  They have fielded teams for drivers such as Christopher Bell, Jacques Villeneuve, James Buescher, Jeb Burton, Kaz Grala, L.P. Dumoulin, Max Papis and many others.  22 Racing provides turnkey solutions for drivers looking to compete in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series. The 22 Racing Team is supported by the following sponsors:  Erb Group of Companies, AW Millwrights, Sturdy Formed Concrete, Castrol, Wendell Motors, Twin City Graphics, Auto Glym, Mechanix Wear, Dickies Canada, Great Dane Glasvan, Safety Kleen, Dupli-Color & Permatex.

For more information please contact:
Linda Jones
22 Racing/Driven Motorsport Innovations
ljones@drivenmi.com
(705) 730-4044

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25474.msg118041#msg118041
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:16 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats