Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CASCAR part of launch of Niagara Falls Int'l Speedway?  (Read 51004 times)

username

Re: CASCAR part of launch of Niagara Falls Int'l Speedway?
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
we need to get more people in the sport who will take advantage of a group of people being ignored by the sport and bring them in to help strengthen it...

They are ignored for a reason. If someone's thing is to watch a clown drive his car sideways around a track smoking the tires, cranking loud techno music, I can't help them, and I would hope they hate Saterday night short track racing. If what we do was anything close to what they like, I'd quit. Nascar has moved to try and include everyone, and look what we have.. Give me a Saterday night of about any tracks thunder cars over that crap anyday. So maybe full of it on that one ;)

Reserved seting wasn't that great. It was had to see the numbers. The bigger problem was that each number was only about 3/4 of a seat.

Best race ever, no not really. Great day for Thmpons. But certainly wasn't bad.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55318#msg55318
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

username

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »
keeping potential racers away from the track because you don't like the music they listen to would be bad business...
as long as they came with their money and a few crew and played by the rules i'd welcome anyone....

i think i can find songs i like from any type of music and a whole bunch of crap ones from every type of music...

if the way things are and have been are so fabulous why aren't the grandstands at every track packed every weekend?

if half of the young people with disposable income who fix up used cars and lower them and spend a tonne in aftermarket parts knew how easy and affordable it was to put together a 4 banger to race i think we'd see a percentage of them put together a car to race at the track instead of street racing if they ever got to see a tape of a race i think they'd be interested....maybe i'm dreaming but as far as rwd thunders and llm those divisions are less likely for the demographic i'm talking about.

we started out with one car and then everyone got the bug and we have 5 on the team now....and none of us make a whole bunch of dough but there we are...my brother was never big into racing as much as i was and now he has the bug and has a car too from seeing me do it...

i guess my glass is half full when it comes to this demographic...

and as far as the race i remember kenseth making the high line work and picking off the last 5 spots i think passing thompson for the win with just a few to go...that was good shit. i have great memories of the weekend camping with friends and the place sold out it was a great atmosphere....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55323#msg55323

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
Well username, you'll be happy to know most tracks don't play old country, and a 4-fun even built safely is less expensive than a set of rims and low pros for a rice burner. I'll leave it to you to know some sence into them. If you want to be the Pied Piper with music and think that will work, be my guest. But don't change racing, and spare us drifting clowns...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55324#msg55324
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 04:48:01 PM »
Username said...."seeing stewart manhandle that thing gave me a tonne of respect for his driving..."
LOL even racing adjectives have gone metric  ::)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55384#msg55384

Offline Dster

• Series Owner
    • http://
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »
" Like AA"???

AutoAssembler.   ;)

i think i can find songs i like from any type of music and a whole bunch of crap ones from every type of music...
>>snip
if the way things are and have been are so fabulous why aren't the grandstands at every track packed every weekend?

Excellent points. I could not agree with the first one more, but in pop culture and all it's sub-genres most people seem to catch one wave or another at some age and that's the depth of it from then on, but musical tastes are sooooo subjective. It's art, who knows why folks like what they like??  ::)  ;D
On the second point, it is (and has been forever) an ongoing debate as to how to accomplish that. Money and (effective) marketing obviously are key. The first CDS was an excellent example of what can be done in the Ontario  stock car racing market, but the ISA fiasco ruined the prospects of attracting new money for top level promotion and development, and in turn, the influence that could have for local racers in obtaining sponsor help. Is the current state of affairs totally the fault of the ISA mess?? Hell no, but I would suggest that CASCAR/NCATS has only recently begun to get the sponsorship wagon rolling stronger again, but there's "how many" other factors in play, so...
Say what you will about Nascar as it exists now in Canada and in general, they can draw a crowd.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55426#msg55426

Offline streetstocker33

• Series Owner
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
Yeah but if teams where buying these chassis they had to go somewhere to pick them up right? Plus a knowlegeable team you think would be able to idenify the chassis as being a Mccoll, Hanley or whatever series right, and ask the question wtf?

Interesting to try and figure out how he pulled it off...
Lefthander chassis, coilover underslung cars, i had one that was originally bought for the whitlock team to use, it got cut up and used for an enduro cage by a friend of mine.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55431#msg55431

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »
Yeah but if teams where buying these chassis they had to go somewhere to pick them up right? Plus a knowlegeable team you think would be able to idenify the chassis as being a Mccoll, Hanley or whatever series right, and ask the question wtf?

Lefthander chassis, coilover underslung cars, i had one that was originally bought for the whitlock team to use, it got cut up and used for an enduro cage by a friend of mine.

Wow that good of a chassie eh LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55432#msg55432

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 07:55:04 PM »
same as the old boss

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
The first CDS was an excellent example of what can be done in the Ontario  stock car racing market, but the ISA fiasco ruined the prospects of attracting new money for top level promotion and development, and in turn, the influence that could have for local racers in obtaining sponsor help. Is the current state of affairs totally the fault of the ISA mess?? Hell no, but I would suggest that CASCAR/NCATS has only recently begun to get the sponsorship wagon rolling stronger again, but there's "how many" other factors in play, so...
Say what you will about Nascar as it exists now in Canada and in general, they can draw a crowd.

I'm not sure if the ISA mess would affect sponsorship that much. To put up a sign at any race track or sponsor a divison, seems to be a sound investment, regardless. The lesson to be learnt is to watch out for plans of attracting 60,000 people to 4 new superspeedways in the span of a year. Kinda like taking a risk on buying that ocen front property in Toronto...

Did it even have any real sponsorship? Excite batteries, but that company wasn't excatly in great shape. Couldn't keep their Nascar sponsorship going, and made some really bad batteries. Could it be that their name was simply used, like Toyota? They might not have even cared, depending on how desparate they were, it got their name out there for a bit for possibly free... Why sue him for using your name, when its getting free press?

Were big companies taken? Dunno. Nothing is parted quicker than a fool and his money, but you don't get to be large company playing the fool.

Possibly all it netted was advance ticket sales, a few 2,400 fanchies, and a couple of marked up lefthander chassies......

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55437#msg55437

Offline streetstocker33

• Series Owner
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »

Wow that good of a chassie eh LOL
had no use for it, they had a tall cage on them because the plan was a compostie body with dimensions close to cascar if i remembered right, and I got it free from work, so had to do something with it  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55439#msg55439

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
The city of Barrie and numerous local businesses and many more got scammed with the Thunderfest hydroplane races on the bay some years ago. The event did indeed take place, but few if any ever got paid for services or supplies and the waterfront was actually fenced off for a weekend!! What a kerfuffle!! Anyway, it happens.  

That guy pulled off more scams than that one, and IIRC, he left town with one of his businesses mysteriously on fire. As I recall now the business that I was involved with at the time (I was an independant subcontractor) got taken for a few thousand dollars by that guy. I dealt with him a couple times and while he was extremely charismatic there was something causing alarm bells to go off in my head...

You gotta listen to your gut when dealing with people promising you the world. But this ISA guy must have been good to rope in all the people he did.

A bunch of years ago I heard about the Mosport oval being expanded. Was that planned for something like this? And what happened to that?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55659#msg55659
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline CanadianRacer.com

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »
Quote from: Thunder6
A bunch of years ago I heard about the Mosport oval being expanded. Was that planned for something like this? And what happened to that?

The ownership previous to the current Panoz group (mid 1990's or so) had plans to build a drag strip and somehow incorporate a large oval as part of the road course. You might be thinking of that. I never heard of any plans to expand the existing oval.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55681#msg55681

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »
Expand the mosport oval....god help us.  single piston brake calipers and that track are at the limit!!!!!   my brothers team bought two cars for the good old ISA. Lefthanders  that ended up rusting in back of rhodes barn!!  and yes i think one got chopped up,  the other sold to a guy running some series down south.  the whole scam kinda made Tony and Linda  look pretty  good,  even if you didnt like Tony,  you gotta admit he built up the series twice  and look what we got now......tv ratings are way  up  and so is attendance. if it would stop %$^$%$%$  raining everywhere  motorsports would be on a huge up swing in this country.  see yall   at riverside.  #21  jw

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55683#msg55683

Offline Dster

• Series Owner
    • http://
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
>>>...the whole scam kinda made Tony and Linda  look pretty  good,  even if you didnt like Tony,  you gotta admit he built up the series twice  and look what we got now......tv ratings are way  up  and so is attendance. if it would stop %$^$%$%$  raining everywhere  motorsports would be on a huge up swing in this country.  see yall   at riverside.  #21  jw
I tend to agree!!   ;D  Good Luck this weekend!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg55778#msg55778

HTML ezBlock

site
stats