Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Drivers Meeting  (Read 13244 times)

Offline RacingMom3553

• Car Owner
Drivers Meeting
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »
I had heard that there was suppose to be a drivers meeting on the 8th of February, but haven't seen anything posted on the website...Anyone know if this is happening???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64372#msg64372

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Drivers Meeting
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

Offline rjrinc

• Rookie Driver
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
Mom, I dont know what to tell you, I was under the same impression.
I was informed of the same date by the promoter himself.

Now, its hard to get a hold of him again.

I called and left messages, emailed.....no response.

I don't think they understand how frustrating it is for some of us to book time off with kids sports....hockey, gymnastics, indoor soccer, dance and so on to just be able to make it to these meetings at the drop of a dime. (some of us drive over 2.5 hours to get to these meetings).

Needless to say people who work shift work, or need to arrange sitters ahead of time.

PLEASE GET ORGANIZED

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64381#msg64381

Offline Jimmer

• Pit Crew
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »
We wouldn't mind talking to him also but have had no success as of late. Hope everyone is healthy and well  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64384#msg64384
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:23:26 AM by Jimmer »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »

Offline Rebel

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
Now you know why we've gone to Chestermans with the sprints, everything is set and ready and we are registered, all by the end of January.  I'm not spending a dime on the trucks other than repairing last years damage to make them at least worth something, until somebody takes that place over that is half assed organized and has a solid business plan and don't scream at my drivers every time they pull off the track!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64397#msg64397

Offline Jimmer

• Pit Crew
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »
Chestermans....Never heard of it myself.  ??? 
You never posted what team you are with. It would be nice to know your truck #'s so we can watch out for falling debris.. Lol!

Maybee you would be better at dealing with the 100 plus teams and all thier crews, drivers, and attitudes. :-\ " I know I ain't signing up for that job any time soon"  EEEEch!

JIMMER Team Promoter for No Tears Racing :'(

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64416#msg64416
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:33:42 AM by Jimmer »

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
chestermans is an indoor facility in tillsonburg...indoor motocross int he winter and JRL racing in the summer

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64420#msg64420

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »
www.chesterman.ca

looks pretty cool, and they race on tuesday i believe.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64421#msg64421
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

Offline Wheelsspin

• Car Owner
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
Chestermans....Never heard of it myself.  ??? 
You never posted what team you are with. It would be nice to know your truck #'s so we can watch out for falling debris.. Lol!

Maybee you would be better at dealing with the 100 plus teams and all thier crews, drivers, and attitudes. :-\ " I know I ain't signing up for that job any time soon"  EEEEch!

JIMMER Team Promoter for No Tears Racing :'(

I have to agree with Jimmer - I have gotten to know Brad & Sue personally over the years and I understand their situation.They work really hard to give us a place to race. The differece is we do this for a hobby, they do it to make a living. And a hard living at that.
We race at Grand Bend and Chestermans, and we appreciate the opportunity at both places.
Thank you  Mike March

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64434#msg64434

Offline Jimmer

• Pit Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
Thanks Mike, and I wish more people realized just how hard it is to make ends meet running a track.
 Even as a competitor, with the way the economy is, it is impossible to land any sponsor cash at all in Windsor.
 Even with 2  Championships and media coverage, we are still digging in our pockets to make it to the track every week.
Now my point is.. I could just imagine how difficult it would be to keep a track running with series sponsors, lease payments and all the other funding and work needed to do so.
JIMMER            banksracingteam.piczo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64441#msg64441
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:17:03 PM by Jimmer »

Offline rjrinc

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 12:04:48 PM »
Now you know why we've gone to Chestermans with the sprints, everything is set and ready and we are registered, all by the end of January.  I'm not spending a dime on the trucks other than repairing last years damage to make them at least worth something, until somebody takes that place over that is half assed organized and has a solid business plan and don't scream at my drivers every time they pull off the track!

Rebel, I don't disrespect your decision to race your cars at Chestermans or where ever you wish....we all agree with that.
I don't argue with your outlook at management issues and being yelled at at the speedway, I have seen it myself and have talked with the persons you speaking about first hand regarding that.

What I think you are completely wrong in doing is fixing your truck. It was found to be constructed with thin wall tubing (I saw it myself), you were lucky that you escaped without injury and I think you should consider that chassis "used up".

I would hope by now, based on your accident that the people in tech would now start checking for thin wall tubed chassis and get them off the track for that exact same reason.......so we can avoid the potential for injury to any of our junior drivers.

I recognize the fact that there are 4 or 5 people building chassis and my comment may not be received well.......regardless of the competitiveness of the racers, driver safety has to be the primary focus in the 1/2 scale racing program.

Rob James

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64535#msg64535

Offline rjrinc

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »
Thanks Mike, and I wish more people realized just how hard it is to make ends meet running a track.
 Even as a competitor, with the way the economy is, it is impossible to land any sponsor cash at all in Windsor.
 Even after winning back to back Championships and tons of media coverage, we are still digging in our pockets to make it to the track every week.
I could just imagine how difficult it would be to keep a track running with series sponsors, lease payments and all the other funding and work needed to do so.
JIMMER            banksracingteam.piczo.com

[/quote

Jimmer & Mike please allow me to make some commentary on this if I may please.

Please remember where I come from to race @ GBS........Sunset Speedway is 15 minutes from my house......Barrie is 30......Mosport 75.......Peterborough and Kawartha 90.

In terms of running a speedway and being able to "make ends meet", all promoters face certain challenges in doing this......they all have to chase down sponsorship and cut deals with media, and so on.

The one thing that knowone has brought up in talking about this, is every promoter with the exception of 1 at the speedways I have listed above has other businesses or another job they rely on as their "primary" source of income (in a few examples their spouse would be working). They are not depending on the speedway as their only source of survival.

So yes while we all agree that we 110% appreciate Brad and Sue's dedication and commitment to what they have done and provided for us and our children, perhaps it could have been done a little bit differently? I don't want that to sound like a ridicule, because I do respect them.

Sponsorship for racers.......I will tell everyone now........you will all have a better chance pulling money from friends who have small businesses.......maybe your local tire guy...who can change tires for you....maybe buy you a set..because he could then write them off.

Jimmer, I respect the fact you guys are champions....so do everyone at the track.....however.....I am sure when your in Windsor and racing grandbend.....your potential sponsors don't see the value....do they? Its difficult......99% of everyone sees this as a hobby.....not a "sport" so they don't take it too seriously. I don't want to short sell the great racing we all see from week to week because its probably some of the best in Ontario.....but how do we show the rest of the province and get people excited?

I have been told there is someone who use to come video tape races? Anyone know who I am talking about?

I have found decent prices on lexan @ Home Depot.....for the car & truck racers.....(in the window section).

Lets keep supporting GBS......it IS coming along....and will get better.......I am sure of it!!!!

Rob James

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64537#msg64537

Offline Jimmer

• Pit Crew
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
Hmmmm, we seem to have gotten off subject a little.  My point about the sponsorship deal was an example of the level of effort it takes to run a track and racing series .... not a complaint ... Lol !  As a matter of fact we raced Sportsman, Late Models, and Cascar also outta of pockets of our friends and crew.. so if I don't know that by now... cheeeeze.
 Now back to the point at hand, sure things ain't perfect at all times at the track, but I do appreciate thier commitment and dedication.
 As to the comments made by Rebel, this kind of stuff ain't kool. I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringed when they read the post.  Wow, talk about burning bridges.
 As far as the thin wall tubing goes.... :-X now who the heck would build a truck outta that especially after we seen the driver of the 91 truck survive a horrific crash that coulda been much worse. He was about 6 inches shorter after that but still very lucky.
 As to the guy who did the videos, I'm not sure of whom you are talking but would like to see him or her back.
 Now about me being serious about my racing, I will admit that I am a little more competitive than the next guy... but have learned to relax at the track and enjoy the time away from Windsor.
 In the old days at our home track, the fans used to scurry across the track to the pits after the races to see the fights, and for some reason they always gathered around our  pit stall. Some would come to congratulate us on a good run, and others would come to return the tools that I had loaned to others on the way past my pit... Lol !!
 Sure you can call our racing a hobby, but I call it job... and I enjoy most every minute of it.... He He
 Your view points are good, but wow, did you ever open a can of worms with that tubing thing  :o
 JIMMER

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64566#msg64566
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:23:06 PM by Jimmer »

Offline Rebel

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »
Let me try to answer/clarify all the worms that have come out of the can.  First I know exactly what it takes to run a race track ..... My partner and I with a ton of help from our wives and friends kept Nilestown Speedway going for three years after it originally closed, and until Mrs. Zavits decided to sell the property, we had a business plan, and respect for the competitors that kept them coming out, even for the small purses that we could afford to pay, and we were honest and up front with them and didn't make promises we might not be in a position keep.   I don't fault Brads dedication, but as I told him to his face, he should have someone else "up front"  there is no reason to swear at kids coming off the track even if they do make mistakes, go to the pit and explain nicely what they did wrong and suggest how to correct it, don't tell them to get off the F%^$#@ track and F%&^$# learn to drive!
Secondly, that was me that crushed the truck, that was a "commercialy" built chassis that I assumed met spec. Yeah I was lucky, but all the rest of my safety equipment did it's job and I suffered no injury and I'm still 6 foot tall.   I had the chassis sonar tested and cut out all the thin tubing (it was only the very upper tubes that were light, I assume the builders idea of centre of gravity advantage) and replaced it with .095 wall, as well as putting an X in the rear hoop and using gussets.  I suppose I could have clued in when I weighed the truck and even with my 250 lb fat butt in the seat I came in 8 lb under.   We went out with no lead in the truck and a faulty spring rate provided by a former owner.  Yes thats an old truck and has been running for years under many different numbers, so how come it came this far without the tubing issue being discovered,  I don't know.  I would have scrapped the thing and gone with a new chassis, but I didn't have clue as to what season it would be completed for,and if I bought another used one I might end up with the same deal, at least by investing in a pipe bender I know it's done and now probably safer than many other trucks still out there. #35 had a lesser crash last year and crushed his cage, Murray ended up fixing that one himself too.   As for burning bridges, Brad lit the match, I've talked to a lot of competitors who will not be paying registration right away or at all, unless things change, I guess I'm the only one who cares enough to say it up front and back  it up with action, or in this case inaction.   We've raced at GBS for eight years and until last year enjoyed ourselves, I just hope someone can step up and save it.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64579#msg64579

Offline Jimmer

• Pit Crew
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »
In summary, I think that this is a poor way of raising moral at our track.
If you were to think for a second.... each one of us teams have invested in J-Car and Grand Bend when we purchased Jr lates, Mini Trucks, and or Sprints, and we continue to invest on a weekly bassis keeping them going.
Our time and money is our investment, and the best way to protect it, is to support our racing series, and keep negative comments from reaching the net. Your not only hurting the track but your doing damage to our investments too.
There ain't no promtoter in the world that could keep everybody happy.
 As far as you being the only one big enuf to speak your mind.... you don't know me too good at all ........ LOL
Try Working towards a solution and keep the comments constructive.... not destructive!!
JIMMER

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64627#msg64627
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:31:22 PM by Jimmer »

Offline kcbc

• Team Owner
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »
GIVE BRAD A BREAK    ONE MAN DOING THE JOB OF MANY.......................

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64628#msg64628

HTML ezBlock

site
stats