Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CAMIRAND TO DRIVE THE NEW 2018 CHEVROLET CAMARO IN THE NASCAR PINTYS SERIES  (Read 1346 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
CAMIRAND TO DRIVE THE NEW 2018 CHEVROLET CAMARO IN THE NASCAR PINTYS SERIES

PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release

CAMIRAND TO DRIVE THE NEW CHEVROLET CAMARO IN THE 2018 NASCAR PINTYS SERIES

Berthierville, February 19, 2018 – The Chevrolet Camaro is back in NASCAR. While the car made its debut in the top-tier division, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, as well as other touring series, the new Camaro will be introduced in the NASCAR Pinty’s series next May.

Paillé, #1 GM dealer in Canada, played a lead role to bring back the Camaro in the Canadian division of NASCAR, as his driver Marc-Antoine Camirand will try to capture the championship in the mythic car that celebrated his 50th anniversary last year.

“It was natural for us to showcase Chevrolet’s muscle car in Canada’s most prestigious stock-car series. We wanted to introduce the Camaro in the NASCAR Pinty’s series to have on track a Chevrolet rear-wheel-drive V8 with manual transmission,” commented GM Paillé CEO, Jean-Claude Paillé,

GM Paillé’s team met with Chevrolet Canada during the NASCAR Pinty’s race at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, located a few miles from General Motors facilities in Oshawa, ON. 22 Racing team, that prepares n°22 car driven by Marc-Antoine Camirand, developed a new body that replicates Chevrolet’s mythic performance car.

“As soon as we had the approval from Chevrolet Canada, R&D started at 22 Racing shop to introduce the new body in the NASCAR Pinty’s series for the 2018 season. Scott Steckly’s team has worked on the car since last fall,” told Mr. Paillé.

Driver Marc-Antoine Camirand, who will compete full-time in the NASCAR Pinty’s series in 2018, is excited to be at the wheel of the new n°22 Camaro, thanks to the most important GM dealer in Canada. “I’ve always said how proud I am to work with such passionate and professional partner and team as GM Paillé and 22 Racing. The introduction of the Camaro shows again how serious these people around me are about racing. I’m highly motivated to give them my first win and fight for the championship,” said Camirand.

While the Camaro made an astonishing come back in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup, winning the 2018 Daytona 500 with Richard Childress Racing n°3 car driven by Austin Dillon, it will be on track in the NASCAR Pinty’s series in May, for the season opener at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, in Bowmanville, ON.

Information: 

Fannie Brouillette                                     Linda Jones
Cell. : 819-698-8785                                Cell:  705-730-4044
brouillette.fannie@gmail.com                  ljones@drivenmi.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25829.msg118396#msg118396
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats