Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Phil Potts Takes Top-Five Finish in August Debut at Brighton  (Read 1204 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Phil Potts Takes Top-Five Finish in August Debut at Brighton

BRIGHTON, Ont. – August 15, 2017 – After a scheduled week off at Brighton Speedway, Phil Potts was back behind the wheel of his Vanderlaan Building Products/Brighton Recycling No.29 Pro Late Model on Saturday for Archer’s Poultry night. Potts drove to a fifth-place finish in his first race of August.

After a third-place finish in heat race action, Potts qualified into the handicap inversion and lined-up tenth for the main event. He raced forward to the fifth spot, but couldn’t get past a side-by-side battle between Charlie Sanderockc and Kyle Sopaz.

“I came up through from 10th to fifth, but that’s where I flattened out,” Potts said. “I could catch Kyle and Charlie, but they were running side-by-side. I got a little frustrated and I would drift back. I would catch up and then drift back. There was no place to go. Charlie was running a mid-to-high groove and I could not run high because my car was bottoming out.”

Potts through a radical setup at the car in hopes of earning his second Feature win of the season. The car worked well, but still has room for improvement. As does the driver, Potts said.

“I was trying a hail mary,” he explained. “I was trying something new just because we’re at the point where we’re racing for second. It sort of worked and didn’t work. We’re going to keep going in the direction we went. I blame the driver. The last few laps I got frustrated. The car wasn’t as bad as the driver made it. I have to apologize to the crew for that.”

While Potts knows the setup still needs some work, a little more patience is required from the driver to tie everything together.

“On a slick track, you know you can’t floor it, but I was pinning it up coming out of the corners,” Potts said. “You get frustrated because you want the car to work better than it is and you think it should, but in all reality its not doing bad at all. If I just rolled the throttle, it would be a lot better. I came off the track and I knew it.”

Following the race, track officials confiscated the motors of three competitors for dyno evaluation. Potts was happy the process was in place.

“I was glad to see the track pull the motors. I like to have that done,” Potts said. “It helps prove that the cars are legal and eliminates any rumours.”

Potts will be back in action on Saturday, August 19 at Brighton to chase another Feature win. Race time is 7:00pm. For additional event information, visit www.brightonspeedway.ca.

SEASON STATS
Phil Potts – 12 Starts: 1 Win, 8 Top-5s, 10 Top-10s

FOWL MOOD MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/FowlMoodRaceTeam
Twitter: @FowlMoodRacing.

The Fowl Mood Race Team’s 2017 season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including Vanderlaan Building Products, Brighton Recycling, Indewey Excavating, Bay Marine, Orange Motorsports, On Time Body and Graphic, Crow Design, Bill’s Johns, K-D Transmission, Image Factor Media and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24873.msg117439#msg117439
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats