Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Paul Maltese Set for Final Season in Late Model  (Read 1030 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Paul Maltese Set for Final Season in Late Model
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »

With a career of success behind the wheel of both a Super Stock and a Limited Late Model, Paul Maltese appears to be getting near the end of his time behind the wheel – but the Maltese family isn’t leaving racing.

Maltese recently revealed he’s set for “one more year of full-time late model, and then we’re going to work with Connor.” As noted, his son Connor has been at the track the past several years helping him on a weekly basis as a crew member, though has shown aspirations of getting behind the wheel of a super stock.

Now set for what could be his last full-time season of competition, Maltese says his goal is to finish in the top-10 in points, and possibly score his first career Limited Late Model victory this season as “a win would be nice.” He came close last year, leading up until a couple laps to go before being passed by Ryan Kimball for the victory.

That night was a highlight in what turned out to be a great year for Maltese Motorsports as he finished seventh in the Limited Late Model standings, with a pair of top-fives and 11 top-10s – a big improvement from 2015 when he failed to post a top-10.

“It was good for us,” he said. “It was a good season for me, no concrete, no major re-builds – I didn’t have to build a new car so we’re going to be better already so that’s good.”

Now with the goals set for this year, it’s anybody guess whether or not they’ll work out as it appears the Sunset Speedway field has been getting tougher with each passing season as drivers keep filling out the line-up.

“I don’t think it can get any higher,” Maltese said. “The competition is just incredible. I mean, the amount of money you put into a late model now is big dollars, so the competition brings fast cars and there’s always going to be there to drive it. So I think it’s the best around, personally. APC is doing pretty good, too, but Sunset has some pretty talented late model drivers, too. It’s awesome.

“Other than that, we’ll try another season and maybe get a win, try not to trade paint with Britney (Gresel) and we’ll be good.”

Maltese and team are proud to be supported by Presto Appliance Repair, Delmeade Construction, Paragon Office Installations, Leitch Performance . Blue Sky Contracting and Landscape, Ontario Steel Sales, Essies Poultry Farms, and OAS.

Be sure to keep up with Maltese Motorsports all year by joining the team’s facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/111504045528057/.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23637.msg116203#msg116203
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats