Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Brighton Speedway is set to kick off its 2018 racing season this Saturday  (Read 1302 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Brighton Speedway is set to kick off its 2018 racing season this Saturday, April 28 with the Coca Cola and Brighton Recycling season opener.  The green flag is scheduled for 7 p.m. The finishing touches are being put on the 1/3 mile clay oval as Brighton is ready for another action packed season full of horsepower.

Four divisions will be on tap Saturday, including the Vanderlaan Building Supplies Pro Late Models, Bainer’s OilGARD Anti Rust Canadian Modifieds, Brighton Automotive Thunder Stocks and Bill's Johns Comp 4s. Track owner and promoter Mark Rinaldi said after a very successful 50th season they are excited to begin the 51st this weekend. “We had a big year last year and we always like to build upon all of our marquee events moving forward,” said Rinaldi.  “I’m looking forward to it.”   

Rinaldi said adding to the excitement are a number of new drivers hitting the track in new divisions this year with registration up in all classes.  “It’s really booming,” said Rinaldi.  “There is a lot of excitement and a lot of new faces.  A lot of the veterans and the returning pros are coming back to defend their home turf so we are pretty excited to kick off the season.”

Returning this year to defend his crown and clinch his sixth Brighton championship is #57 Late Model driver Charlie Sandercock from Trenton.  He said like every year, this season is about having fun.  “We are excited to get back on the track at Brighton this year,” Sandercock said.  “We hope to start the season off as we ended it last year. Be consistent and have fun. That’s always the goal.”

#87 Andrew Hennessy of Picton is chasing his fourth consecutive title this season and said he is also is excited to get back to racing.  The veteran Canadian Modified driver explained he has changed everything suspension wise for this year because “in motor sports the only thing that stays the same is everything changes. What worked yesterday doesn't always work today and to stay fast you have to be willing to try things. I am sure we will be right in the mix though,” Hennessy said.  “I really do expect this to be the most competitive field of cars we've had in a few years, it looks that way on paper to me anyways.”

#72 Doug ‘The Big Smooth’ Anderson from Quinte West is ready for opening night as he shoots to secure his sixth Pro Stock championship. “I think I am more excited about this season than the last couple because my son Kyle (who races JR Restricted Kids Karts) will be driving a few times this year in our Pro Stock so I’m pretty stoked about that,” said Anderson.  The three-time Duel in the Dirt champ said he will look to defend his crown this year as well as he enjoys racing at different tracks through the season.

“We are ready to rock and defend the championship,” said two-time Comp 4 Champion #0 Tyler French of Belleville.  He has taken home checkers the last three openers and stated he wants to again this year in memory of his Uncle Brad who passed away on April 20.  “Uncle Brad has always come to Test N Tune every year for pics with me and other drivers but I didn’t get to have Test N Tune with him this year,” he said. “I’ll be racing with a chain in my car carrying his ashes around the track with me.  The first race will be for him.”

Once the green flag drops this Saturday night we begin a packed season of mud slinging action.  Back by popular demand – Pinty’s and Mix 97 host the Southern Ontario Sprints season debut on Saturday, May 19th.  They visit the track six times throughout the year kicking it off on the Victoria Day Long Weekend and closing with a doubleheader hosted by Ultramar Parkland Fuels Belleville, Lucas Oil, Rock 107 and Mystical Distributing on the Labour Day Long Weekend on September 1st and 2nd.  Rinaldi says that the Cool 100 Applefest weekend has grown into one of the biggest events of the season both for fans and cars with over 300 cars attending on September 21st and 22nd, 2017.  The Lange and Fetter Ford Eve of Destruction happening on September 30th always brings wall to wall fans that Rinaldi beamed has taken on a life of its own with the Workman’s OK Tire and Auto School Bus Races and much more.  “You never know what to expect when you’re coming into it,” said Rinaldi.  “Last year it was a full house so we are going to try and make some change and more room so more people can enjoy it this year.  Make sure you clear your Saturday nights to come out and see some live exciting entertainment that you can’t really catch anywhere else in the area.  There is no other feeling like seeing it live and in person.” 

Admission to Saturday night’s season opening event is only $4 with a non-perishable food item for the Brighton Fare Share Food Bank.  As the one of the largest fund raisers for our local food bank, contributions are appreciated.  Adult admission is $12.00 while a Family Pass is just $25.00. Race time is 7:00 PM and Front Gates will open at 5:00 PM to accommodate our race fans.  For more information visit www.brightonspeedway.com .

Brighton Speedway Social Media: Follow Brighton Speedway on Twitter, @BrightonSpdwy, for live race day updates and track information. ‘Like’ us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BrightonSpdwy.

For a complete schedule visit brightonspeedway.com

Brighton Speedway Newsletter: Sign-up for the Brighton Speedway newsletter and get all speedway information delivered straight to your email inbox! Get track news, information, and updates directly to your email twice a week. It takes just two minutes to sign-up. Click here to get started!

Brighton Speedway Social Media: Follow Brighton Speedway on Twitter, @BrightonSpdwy, for live race day updates and track information. ‘Like’ us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BrightonSpdwy.

Brighton Speedway’s 2018 season is proudly supported by the following corporate sponsors: ABC Taxi, Adecco, Archer’s Poultry, B & H Carpet, Bay Marine,  Behan Construction, Bellevue Fabricating Ltd., Bill’s Johns, Brighton Automotive, Brighton Recycling, Campbellford Chrysler, Canadian National Autism Foundation, CANEX, Classic Rock 107.9, Coca-Cola, Comfort Zone Heating & Air Conditioning, Cool 100, Deerhaven Farm and Garden, Dibbits Excavating, Electro Cables, Excel Tower Service, Fidelity Engineering & Construction, First Place Trailers, Gerow Propane, Gord’s Water, Greig Truck & Trailer, Humber Nurseries, Hotch’s Auto Parts, Hoosier Racing Tire, ImageFactor.ca Motorsport Designs, John’s Equipment, Lange & Fetter Ford, Larry’s Towing, Lucas Oil, Maestro’s Painting Contractors, McDougall Insurance and Financial, Mix 97, Mystical Distributing, NOCO Fuels, OilGARD Anti-Rust, Orange Motorsports, Owasco RV, Part Source, Pinty’s, Quinte Septic, Rapid Rad, Read’s Accounting, Rock 107, Sanderson Tire and Automotive, Stoneridge Specialty Insurance, The Community Press, TURRIS  Communications, 95.5 Hits FM, UCB Radio Canada, Ultramar Parkland, Weaver Funeral Home, Workman’s OK Tire, Vanderlaan Building Products, VanZuylen Tire, and VP Racing Fuels.

About Brighton Speedway: Brighton Speedway is a 1/3-mile clay stock car racing oval located on the shores of Lake Ontario in Brighton, Ont. The speedway hosts five weekly stock car divisions on Saturday nights from May to September.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25937.msg118504#msg118504
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats