Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cory Turner Scores Podium Finish at Ohsweken Speedway Opener  (Read 587 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cory Turner Scores Podium Finish at Ohsweken Speedway Opener

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – May 23, 2018 – After a long and cold off-season, Cory Turner finally got to kickoff his 2018 season at Ohsweken Speedway’s season opening race on Friday night. Turner started the season off in spectacular fashion with a second-place finish in the main event behind the wheel of the KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 Sprint Car.

The night started with a tough heat race as 18 cars were signed in for competition. Turner was set to do battle with nine cars and had to be aggressive in order to gain enough passing points and earn a top starting spot in the main event.

“The car was good all night,” Turner said. “I took it easy off the start in the heat race because I was worried somebody might wreck, but we ended up going from seventh to fourth which put us in the redraw.”

Following heat race action, Turner went to the redraw, where he pulled the sixth starting spot for the Feature and quickly made a charge forward. Turner made his way up to the third spot before he spun at the top of turn three on lap nine.

“I kept moving up, moving up and I went a little far,” Turner said. “I just entered too high. Usually if you’re in good dirt up there and you get a little sideways, if you stick your foot in the gas. the car will dig and it will pull out, but there was just nothing there and I spun out.”

The spin didn’t affect Turner too seriously, as he was able to race his way back from ninth to third before making a pass to get by Mikey Kruchka late in the race to take the runner-up spot.

“The car was good,” Turner said happily. “It definitely helped that I restarted in front of the cars that were a lap down. We didn’t have to go all the way to the back.”

Overall, Turner was extremely pleased with how his car handled and the speed it carried on opening night. There’s plenty of fine-tuning to be done over the course of the next five months of action, but Turner is certainly excited at the potential shown by his Hill’s Racing Team.

“We’ll try to make some shock adjustments to get through the bumps a little better,” Turner said “I’m hoping the track’s a little bit smoother, but if its not, we’ll be ready for it. On the podium opening night, you have to be happy with that.”

Turner will be back in action at Ohsweken on Friday, May 25. The team is considering several options for a second race on the weekend, but has not yet decided on a schedule. For the most up to date information, follow Cory Turner on Twitter and on Facebook at the links below.

CORY TURNER SEASON STATS
97 Cory Turner – 1 Start: 0 Wins, 1 Top-5s, 1 Top-10s

CORY TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/CoryTurnerMotorsports
Twitter: @CTMotorsports_
YouTube: YouTube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Cory Turner Motorsports mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Cory Turner Motorsports” to be added to the list.

CORY’S CREW
Cory Turner is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Insta-Panels, Braemar Building Systems, Silo Wireless, Mobil 1, Kings Wood Products, Gale’s Auto Aftermarket, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Six Nations Bingo, Malabar Super Spice, JNE Recovery, V&R Recycling, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Hauser’s Pharmacy, KT Gas & Convenience, The Truck Toppers, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Rondex, Silverdale Gun Club, Barlow Farms, Mike Morris Holdings, Bryan’s Farm Supply, Total Coatings, Hitchman Trailers, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, Top Flight Wings, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Northern Performance, Charlie Bee Honey, and ImageFactor.ca.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information. 

(289) 314-5186 | claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26034.msg118601#msg118601
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats