Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RANGER TAKES MOPAR PARTS DODGE TO VICTORY IN TORONTO  (Read 613 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RANGER TAKES MOPAR PARTS DODGE TO VICTORY IN TORONTO
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »

July 14, 2018. Saturday afternoon at round number four of the 2018 NASCAR Pity’s Series in Toronto, Andrew Ranger collected his second consecutive victory of the 2018 campaign in the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge. With the championship points gained Ranger also moves into a tie for the lead in the series title fight.

The Pinty’s Grand Prix is the Saturday feature event of the annual Indy weekend in Toronto and Ranger had claimed victory on two previous occasions on the challenging 11-turn temporary street circuit and was in position to win a year ago before contact took him out of contention.

After qualifying the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge in the third position, Ranger smartly moved into second place on the opening lap. The Roxton Pond, Quebec driver proceeded to stalk the leader until the final few laps of the race.  A fourth caution flag slowed the field and sent the race into overtime with a green, white checker finish. 

On the final restart Ranger dived to the inside of corner one moving the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge ahead and into the race lead. He would remain out front for the final two laps and collect the 24thwin of his career, more than any other driver.

Ranger spoke of the winning move after the race. “I was a little bit nervous,” said the driver.  “I tried to look up the inside of the #18 and drover very, very deep.  I may have touched a little but when it’s green, white checker you go for it.  I knew it was my chance to get past”. 

“This is such a fantastic course and such a fantastic event for the fans.  I’m so happy for Mopar and for my team, those guys are awesome and they did a great job all day today”.

With his second win of the season Andrew Ranger is now tied for the lead in the overall championship points standings.

The #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team is back in action in western Canada on Wednesday July 25that Wyant Group Raceway in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

The race from Toronto can be seen on TSN Saturday July 21stat 2:30PM ET.

Race fans can get more information and follow the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team news during the off-season by going to www.mopar.caand clicking on Motorsports.     

Prepared by, Todd Lewis, TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com(239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26288.msg118855#msg118855
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats