Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Top Fuel drag racer Doug Herbert's two sons were killed Saturday  (Read 2323 times)

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
I am posting here about Doug Herbert sons.  I don't feel the need for yet another board.

Doug is an IHRA and NHRA top fuel winner

CORNELIUS, N.C. - Top Fuel drag racer Doug Herbert's two sons were killed Saturday in a traffic accident near their home.

A statement from Herbert's team said sons Jon, 17, and James, 12, died instantly when the car they were riding in collided with another vehicle in the town of Cornelius, which is 30 kilometres north of Charlotte.

Cornelius police said the Mazda that Herbert's children were in attempted to pass a third car when it went out of control and collided with a Hummer.

Police said the unidentified driver of the Hummer was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center, while a passenger in the car was transported to the hospital by ambulance. The extent of their injuries wasn't available Saturday evening.

Herbert team spokeswoman Lisa Powers said Herbert was in Phoenix for pre-season testing and was returning home to be with his family, which includes nine-year-old daughter Jessica.

Funeral arrangements are pending, but the family asks that in lieu of flowers, people make donations to the Speedway Children's Charities in Jon and James Herbert's name.

My heart and prayers go out to family and friends. Having come so close to losing my own son this past year has changed my life forever.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7205.msg38826#msg38826
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:08:17 PM by CanadianRacingOnline »
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats