Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: THORNDYKE PUTS IN DETERMINED EFFORT AT CTMP  (Read 758 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
THORNDYKE PUTS IN DETERMINED EFFORT AT CTMP
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

August 26, 2018.  David Thorndyke and the #67 Thorsons EVT Chevrolet team returned to action for round number ten of the 2018 NASCAR Pinty’s Series at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this past weekend.  The team was looking for another solid run at a track where they’ve enjoyed previous success.

The #67 Thorsons EVT Chevy team were hoping to improve on their performance at the season opening even where they debuted the new Camaro body style.  “We had a bit of a scramble just getting the car ready,” said driver David Thorndyke.  “We found some things that we weren’t happy with and had to adjust to get through tech (Technical Inspection) before practice”.

Once on track during the Saturday afternoon practice session the #67 Thorsons EVT Chevrolet team worked on race set up.  With the qualifying session rained out Thorndyke would line up 23rdfor the start of the 51-lap race.

Once the green flag waved there were plenty of competitors that had their “elbows up” right away.  Thorndyke took a more pragmatic approach in the #67 Thorsons EVT Chevrolet.  “We see it every time we’re here, guys go hard right at the start and fade” he explained.  “We always try and pace ourselves”.

Thorndyke was also dealing with a braking issue with the #67 Thorsons EVT Chevy almost immediately. “Almost right away I was having to pump the brake pedal going into the corners.  And I heel toe, I don’t brake with my left foot so that makes it a challenge sometimes”.

Following a scheduled pit stop for fuel Thorndyke exited his pit stall in a hurry.  A little too much of a hurry and he was given a drive through penalty for speeding.  Once racing resumed under green he was looking to move the #67 Thorsons EVT Chevrolet forward.

In spite of the penalty and ongoing brake issues Thorndyke continued to hustle his way around the famed 10-turn road course and cross the finish line five positions ahead of where he started.  “I’m happy,” he said afterwards.  “The car is clean, we stayed out of trouble and it was good to be here at the track as a family and having fun”.

The Total 200 from CTMP can be seen on TSN Saturday September 1stat 1:30PM ET.

Prepared by Todd Lewis and TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com(239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26539.msg119106#msg119106
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 27, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats