Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DJK RACING & CBRT COLLABORATING  (Read 1053 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DJK RACING & CBRT COLLABORATING
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »

April 21, 2017. DJ Kennington will once again pilot the the #17 Dodge entry as the 2017 NASCAR Pinty’s Series opens competition next month at Canadian Tire Motorpsort Park.  In addition to seeking his third series championship Kennington and his DJK Racing team have formed an alliance with the Canada’s Best Racing Team (CBRT) group for the coming season.

DJ Kennington will serve as a driver coach for rookie competitor Armani Williams.  The 16 year old from Detroit, Michigan will drive the #28 for CBRT at six oval track events this season.  DJK Racing will provide technical insight and assist with racecar preparations for each race weekend.  It’s a partnership that Kennington is excited about.

“Our team has had success providing good race cars for people to drive, we have the best guys in our group.  And with Armani moving up to the Pinty’s Series they were interested in some one on one coaching to help him with the learning process and things fell into place” said Kennington.

Kennington has more than two decades of driving experience and knowledge he’ll be able to share and has competed in every level of NASCAR competition including the Monster Energy Cup Series.  He fulfilled a lifelong dream to compete in the prestigious Daytona 500 this past February.

“Whenever I was moving into a new series I always tried to talk to veteran drivers to get up to speed as quick as I can,” stated Kennington.  “Now I’m able to share the knowledge that was passed along to me with others”.

Armani Williams brings some solid credentials to this new undertaking.  He began competitive Karting at age eight, progressed quickly up the ranks in the Midwest becoming the 2014 New Paris Indiana Champion and the 2015 Diamond Products Champion in the Supercup Series.  In 2016 Armani competed in the ARCA Truck Series and participated in the NASCAR Drive 4 Diversity combine at Daytona.

Adding to Williams story is that he was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) at age two.  While initially it appeared his dream to become a racer would go unfulfilled, Williams has continued his progress up the competitive ladder.  Following his dreams he looks to continue to climb along with inspiring and mentoring others to do the same and educating others about autism.

CBRT General Manager Joey McColm is excited about the opportunities of bringing all parties together.  “In addition to Armani driving for us we’ll be working with him on a number of off track marketing partnerships.  That’s a real strength for our team and I think it’s going to be a very busy and productive year for all of us” said McColm.

Race fans are encouraged to keep up to date with the latest DJK Racing team news in several ways.  Race fans should bookmark the team website www.djkracing.ca and follow them on twitter, @djkracing and Instagram.  Fans should also “like” the DJK Racing Fan Page on Facebook.

Follow Armani Williams on twitter @TeamArmaniRacin

Follow CBRT on twitter @CBRTinc

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23654.msg116220#msg116220
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats