Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug. 19 2014  (Read 1469 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug. 19 2014
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »
Tillsonburg Outlaws

Last weekend Scott Chesterman, Holly Porter and Brent Smith embarked on a serious road trip to North Carolina, home of the Millbridge track and the North Carolina Speed week. They were on a mission to check out the track, with Karts in tow to decide if a return trip was needed for one of their bigger races. After realizing that the majority of our Experts are more than capable of running with their best, a return trip is planned for Sept 6 2014. Certainly contact us if you are interested in joining in the fun.

Now back to Tillsonburg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Summer Series approaches the 2/3 mark, the racing is as close as ever.

The Tillsonburg Lubricare Center Beginners continue to improve both lap times and I am sure it won't be long before they are eying the Juniors. Noah Longthorne took the overall with Aubry Smith holding the runners up position.

The Smale Powder Coat Juniors is the most exiting division to watch. These kids run two wide most of the race and pressure is always on as fifth and sixth are fast enough to pressure the leaders. This week was typical of the equality of racers with a three way tie for first. Holy Cow. John Jackson picked up the pace this week and his success was not for a lack of trying by the others. Kyle McGlone had the best night going but is one to always press fate by running high and wide to get around drivers. It worked for race 1 and 2 but he had to settle for last in the main after clipping the wall and thus ripping off his front wheel. I don't think he had much intention of slowing down or stopping but after running over his own wheel, his night was down. Too bad because he as set to go out and play in the Seniors with his brother, Eric. Either way, we still had John Jackson, Tom Pellizzari and Kyle McGlone tied in first.

The John Costello and Associates Seniors were also as close as ever this week. While there were not any ties, only a point separated John Smibert in second and Jacob Sheridan in Third. Eric McGlone was the most consistent last night and took overall. Colby Bennett won the Sprint but was not to repeat it in the next two and ended up tied for fourth with Ty Freeman.

I have to ask, is slower faster?  After watching a video that Ron Parker posted on facebook of the first Expert Race last night, it appeared that the # 79 Kart of Bea Courtnage was just cruising around and not really drifting as aggressively as the others. No big deal and I assumed she had something wrong with her kart. It was a really hard track to pass on last night as well. After watching the whole video it appeared the # 79 took the checkered flag first.? Hmmm, I thought she was near the back. Quick rewind of the video confirmed she had started last following her performance (she won) last week. I watched more closely and sure enough she looked to just be cruising around the track. Only thing is, she cruised by every other racer and by the 5 lap mark was racing around by herself. Maybe I am going to have to rethink this trying to go fast logic. If you haven't guessed it by now, despite going on her roof in the main (which wiped out Cody Coburn who tried to drive under her) , finished first overall. She was followed by another fast female, Holly Porter. Austen Giles had to represent the guys, taking third.

Dave Chesterman.
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
Tillsonburg Outlaw Kart Club
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20067.msg112093#msg112093
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug. 19 2014
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats