Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Mostert breaks lap record to set a blistering pace at Coates Hire Ipswich  (Read 651 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Mostert breaks lap record to set a blistering pace at Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint

Beaudesert-product Chaz Mostert used his track knowledge to record the fastest lap time in history at Queensland Raceway during this afternoon’s second practice session at the Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint.

Current championship leader Scott McLaughlin was fastest in practice one earlier today but it was Mostert who claimed the honours in the second session in perfect weather conditions at Queensland Raceway this afternoon.

Mostert broke Will Davison’s four-year old record to record the quickest time of the day. Birthday boy Fabian Coulthard was second quickest while defending Supercars champion Shane van Gisbergen was third quickest in this afternoon’s second practice session of the day.

“Pretty happy with my car, still think it needs a bit of work maybe on the race car side of things, but yeah when the eight came up I was pretty shocked,” Mostert said.

“We have take taken on the K.I.S.S philosophy - keep it simple stupid - and bought it back to where it had been happy before.

“Look I don’t think we are miles off where we need to be but there are definitely some errors we need to work on.”

To download full-sized images of Mostert from today’s Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint click here.

Coulthard said he was pleased with today's times following disappointing results in Townsville saw him slip from first to third in the championship.

“I think everyone is going to have a bad one at some stage, back in the old days you could delete a bad round but unfortunately these days you can’t so we just have to cop it,” Coulthard said.

“We did a lot of learning it’s been a long two weeks but I think we have come back and learnt a lot in that little break hopefully we can build on it and go good from here on in.”

To see the full results from today’s practice sessions click here.

Craig Lowndes, a 12-time winner in Ipswich, wasn’t far off the pace on one of his favourite tracks, registering the seventh fastest lap time this afternoon.

McLaughlin will go into tomorrow’s opening qualifying session as a firm favourite to claim his tenth pole position of the year. The young kiwi 12 straight front row-qualifying performances which is a championship record in the modern Supercar era.

Qualifying gets underway at 1:30pm AEST tomorrow ahead of the opening 120km race at 4:15pm AEST. Qualifying and a 200km race will be held on Sunday.

Every practice, qualifying and race, as well as support categories, from the Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint will be broadcast live, ad-break free on Fox Sports 506 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Highlights on TEN at 11:30pm AEST and 8:30pm AEST on ONE on Saturday and 4:00pm on TEN and 8:30pm on ONE on Sunday. For the full TV Schedule of the Darwin Triple Crown. For the full TV Schedule, head to supercars.com/tv-schedule

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24668.msg117234#msg117234
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats