Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: SMG Motorsports Partners with Fury for APC  (Read 1682 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
SMG Motorsports Partners with Fury for APC
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »
SMG Motorsports Partners with Fury for APC Championship Run
In a combination of building on the success already experienced, along with a new partnership, SMG Motorsports is putting all their ducks in a row for a run at the APC Auto Parts United Late Models of Ontario Series Championship.

The Sean Grosman-owned team will compete in the series full-time in 2018, with Ryan Kimball behind the wheel of a brand new Pro Late Model. Kimball will not only be chasing the year-end title but also the 2018 APC Series Rookie of the Year Award.

“People who know me know Ryan, and I have a long-time friendship, and I have huge respect for him on a personal level and professional level,” Grosman said. “He has filled in for me at times and always performed well. I feel his talent at that level needs to be showcased, as I feel he is one of the best drivers around. We are excited to join that series, and we feel APC is a great platform for us to showcase our team and Fury Racecars.”

Kimball has proven his ability behind the wheel over the past several years, winning feature events across the province at Sunset Speedway, Peterborough Speedway, and Kawartha Speedway, along with championships at both Peterborough and Mosport Raceway. Most recently, the veteran won the Peterborough Late Model Championship in 2014.

This past year, Kimball toured the province running various events. He scored a pair of wins at Sunset Speedway, before a podium finish at Peterborough’s Autumn Colours Classic.

“Words cannot express how thankful I am to be a part of the team, and be able to drive for Sean Grosman,” Kimball said. “He supplies us with the best in the business, and is a great friend.”

The new car will be built out of Fury Racecars, through a new partnership between the chassis builder and team.

Located in North Carolina, Fury Racecars has quickly built a reputation for producing top-notch racecars, whether Pro Late Model, Super Late Model or Modified competition. Led by Jeff Fultz and Tony Eury Jr., the team has won significant events across the United States, including the 2016 Snowball Derby with Christian Eckes.

The partnership will see Fury Racecars provide technical support and expertise, working alongside the SMG Motorsports crew, which will include Graham Annis, Graham Flett, Bill Kimball, Nathan Wrightly, and Dale Lyons. The car will be maintained, though, by the SMG Motorsports at Ryan Kimball’s race shop, with Graham Annis leading the way as the crew chief.     

There is excitement for both SMG Motorsports and Fury Racecars in being able to come together. For SMG Motorsports, it’s about contending for race wins, the rookie of the year award, and an APC championship. For Fury Racecars, it’s an opportunity to showcase their equipment north of the border in hopes of creating future business.

“The competition is the best in Ontario,” Kimball said of the APC Series. “There is no better class with this much talent out there right now. When you beat these guys, it’s beating the best, like Brandon Watson and Matt Pritiko.”

SMG Motorsports is proud to be sponsored by Landing Strip Gentleman’s Club, For Your Eyes Only Gentleman’s Club, Flagship Properties, Rylex Glass and Mirror, AP Racing Engines, Cochrane Automotive, and Fury Racecars.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25747.msg118314#msg118314
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

SMG Motorsports Partners with Fury for APC
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats