Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Adam Turner Tackles the New Season with a Fresh Attitude and a Heavy Right Foot  (Read 917 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Adam Turner Tackles the New Season with a Fresh Attitude and a Heavy Right Foot

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Its been said there is only one chance to make a first impression. During the kick-off event for the 50th Anniversary Season – Saturday, April 29th at Brighton Speedway – Picton, Ontario’s Adam Turner impressed a capacity crowd with his performance in the track’s Pro Late Model division. Less than a couple of weeks after a live television appearance to promote his racing program, the 34 year-old, second-generation speedster scored a qualifying heat win and the main event checkered flag to open the 2017 schedule.

“Every driver hopes for a strong start to the year and I’m thrilled we were able to have such a solid effort to get things rolling,” said the likeable father of 3. “Our group put in some long hours during the off-season to get the car ready and getting to victory lane this early is the result of a total team effort. The hard work and late nights paid-off. There’s a very competitive field out there, but I hope we can keep-up the same momentum throughout the entire schedule.”

With experience in a variety of different racing divisions, including Street Stock, as well as DIRTcar Sportsman-Modified and 358 Mods, Turner is looking to improve on the performance that saw him finish 7th in track points during the 2014 and 2015 seasons and 4th in 2016. The happy-go-lucky racer has also been a fixture on the Go Nuclear Late Model travelling series since 2013.

“This isn’t Daytona or Indy,” Adam Turner said, with his patented chuckle. “I work just as hard to get to the winner’s circle as anyone else, but I wouldn’t keep coming back every week if I wasn’t having fun. I’ve met some great people over the years and made a lot of friends. I like to travel, but racing about a half an hour from my front door has its advantages. For the most part, we all get along and help each other in the pits. But when the green flag waves, its every man for himself.”

For Brighton Speedway’s 50th Anniversary Season, the #92 Pro Late Model machine from Adam Turner Racing is proudly supported by Village Variety & Gas Bar, The Work Gear, Angie’s Pooper Pumping Septic Service, Mark’s County Chips, Stormy’s Car Sales, Paul Turner Auto Repair, Mayhew Graphics, Limestone Limousine and Gates Racing Design. The team is also happy to welcome its newest partners, We Own It Campaign – OPSEU/SEFPO and www.87speed.com. Media and promotional services are provided by Clarke Motorsports Communications.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23700.msg116266#msg116266
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats