Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cadillac ATS-V.R Driver O'Connell on Pole at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park Retu  (Read 1367 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cadillac ATS-V.R Driver O'Connell on Pole at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park Return

O'Connell Cadillac ATS-V.R from ashes to pole

BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada - Cadillac Racing driver Johnny O'Connell will start his No. 3 Cadillac ATS-V.R from the pole position for the first of two Pirelli World Challenge races this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Teammate Andy Pilgrim will start eighth.

Cadillac Racing has rebounded from the fire at Barber Motorsport Park three weeks ago to sit on pole for race one which will take the green tomorrow at 1:15 p.m. ET.  Johnny O'Connell (Flowery Branch, Ga.) drove the test car, which was commissioned to become the No. 3 Cadillac ATS-V.R for this weekendto top honors in qualifying posting a time of 1:15.296.  The pole position is the second for the all-new ATS-V.R. The first was teammate Pilgrim in the second race at St. Petersburg.  Pilgrim will start his No. 8 Cadillac ATS-V.R from the fourth row in eighth based upon his time of 1:15.957.

"What a great way to reward this hard working Cadillac Racing team," O'Connell said. "We have had luck over the past few years on our side, it hasn't worked in our favor once this year, but it has finally come right. I can't thank everyone enough for all of the work to come back from the fire and put the hours into a car that is now on the pole. I've been racing here longer than a lot of the guys I am competing against have been alive. It was probably one of the best laps I have ever driven at this track. I knew I had to dig deep, carry the momentum and just float the car through the corners. It is a neat thing when you have an idea of how good a lap is coming together, it could be good, it could be good and it was a good one. I was pretty pleased with the lap."

Pilgrim has been battling some handling issues so far this weekend.

"Congratulations to Johnny on the pole," Pilgrim said. "I have had a pretty tough weekend so far. We are having some trouble getting the No. 8 Cadillac to handle just right. We went a lot faster than we did in practice, so I am happy with that aspect. My guys worked really hard to get me where we are at now. I still have some oversteer issues, so we have some more changes coming for the race tomorrow."

The Pirelli World Challenge Series races from Canadian Tire Motorsports Park will be televised on CBS Sports Network Sunday, May 24 at 5 p.m. ET. Live streaming is available at world-challengetv.com.

Cadillac ATS-V.R 2015 Results

Track
 Drivers
 Start
 Finish

Circuit of the America's
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

St. Petersburg
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Long Beach
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Barber Motorsport Park
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Cadillac Racing, since their inception in 2004, has amassed 26 wins, 91 podium finishes (including wins) and 22 pole positions. The team won the World Challenge Manufacturer Championship in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Team Cadillac drivers have won the World Challenge Driver's Championship in 2005 with Andy Pilgrim and in 2012, 2013 and 2014 with Johnny O'Connell.

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today, Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring dramatic design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Additional information can be viewed at Cadillac.com, GM.com, media.gm.com, world-challenge.com, andypilgrim.com, johnnyoconnell.com; Facebook GM, Andy Pilgrim, Johnny O'Connell, Cadillac.

The Cadillac Racing media guide can be viewed at media.cadillac.com.  For additional information please contact Kyle Chura, kyle@kcapr.com or (248) 821-0468.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20957.msg113386#msg113386
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats