Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Mosport Results-June 21st  (Read 1747 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Mosport Results-June 21st
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
Well because of the chance of rain...I didn't wanna go to far..so I skiped out on going to Barrie or Sunset and opted for the 40 min drive to Mosport.

I still left late...beacuse I wanted to wait on the weather a bit..I got there about 7:00 just to relise it was already intermission..I guess they cut out 2nd set of heats due to possible rain..wich was a good call.   

but never the less with the horrible car counts Mosport has it goes so fast and the races ended at 8:25.  only to what you could tell in the stands was major confusion..as a lot of people you could tell were like...what the heck? it's done already..lol

Thunder Cars: John Baker Jr.

The HUGE field of 6 Thunder Cars took to the track for there feature... ::)   are you kidding me? 6 cars..give me a break.... the first few laps was a nice battle between Baker & Coppins but after a few laps Baker pulled ahead and it was about as entertaning as watching paint dry.

Mods:Jim Rossiter

Solid feature had a couple cars tangle comming out of 2 that was the only caution of the feature, the race for 3rd was amazing... Meddick & Adams came off turn 4 side by side..banging and bouching off each other....I thought they were gonna wreck way they were going at it..even past the finish line they contiuned to bump and bang into each other.

There was 9 Mods out tonight

Ltd Late Modles:Dwight Brown

11 LLM were on hand,not a very entertaning race..but it was great to see Bakers LLM finnaly working for him....he was right on Dwights bumper all race but could not make the pass

6 or Less:Paul Ryder

16 cars took the green..for another lack luster race..few yellows slowed the pace, but nobody could touch Ryder.

Well thats it for me going to Mosport...I'm giving up..I'v gave them 3 chances and it's a complete waste of money & time...it's nothing to knock the drivers or anything...just the counts are down..the whole night is so short....so unless it's the OSCAAR night...I won't be attending anymore.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7686.msg45185#msg45185
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:40:43 PM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Mosport Results-June 21st
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
Re: Mosport Results-June 21st
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:48:59 PM »
In a perfect world, Mosport and Peterborough would alternate running on Saturday nights.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7686.msg45193#msg45193

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »
or switch nights...Mosport should try sunday afternoons or nights.

and then when they have races at the road course on the sunday...just have it as an off weekend for the oval then I guess.

I'd ofcourse like to see them still run..but I would assume they would be off.

I think it's something to look into for next year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7686.msg45195#msg45195
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 01:14:59 AM »
Brian made the call last week to run just one heat and the feature to try and get the features in before it rained. Radar had a storm coming in from Toronto. I can tell you that every driver, including myself was in favor of that. Don't run the feature, you don't get paid. Considering the price of gas and wasting tires on meaningless heats without the feature isn't in anyones interest. To the fans, sorry that the night was short, but with the weather this year, both drivers and the track were thinking of everyone's best interests, including the fans. But still for your racing dollar you got to watch 3-Petrou try to hold off the stronger cars of Coppins and Baker for the whole 1st heat....

Having Mosport and Peterborough swap nights would do nothing. The setups and rules are night and day. Peterborough doesn't even have a Mod or Thunder class, and the 90% of 6 or less cars running a 6 don't meet Peterborough rules. Tell ya, I'm not swapping gears every week, and running only every second week would be another reason to just run Kawartha.

Peterborough has blown it by becoming a go cart track for one groove Legend parade, can't be bother to prep a race car 4-funs and country fair side show chain race, faster pastor kids barrel races and other crap no race fan want to see. With Kawartha running strong 20 car fields in every class, including ACT lates, the is NO question where the fan's racing dollar is going to go.

Mosport, I don't know what is up. I don't know if its a political thing or what, but personally I've been treated (and paid)very well at Mosport. Brain and staff have been 1st class.

For Thunder their biggest problem is they don't have any drivers coming up into the class. Guys can and do make the switch from Thunder to Limted, thunder could be seen as a feeder class to Limited. However 6 or less is not a feeder class to Thunder. They simply don't have one. Take the Baker, Coppins and Meyhew show. Those guys have skillfully built car, years of skill and tons of power. Someone can't just jump into this class and come anywhere close to them, and thats the problem. Those guys have so many racing tricks on their cars ( NOT CHEATING!!) that any rookie dosn't have a hope of building 1/2 the machine they have, or running anywhere close to their lap times. No its not sour grapes on my part and I just suck LOL Those guys are just that good...

What a track like Mosport needs is a feeder class. Start a street stock division using full bodied cars, minor suspension, stock power, that are closely teched. It would keep the cost down, and allow racers to progress in skill to be able to both build and drive and compete with the top Thunder drivers, while still filling the field for Mosport. Peterborough runs endro races, with cars prepared to that level. They have a field of 20+ cars. Someone should just use that on a Saterday night to fill the show, and farm drivers...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7686.msg45522#msg45522
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

HTML ezBlock

site
stats