Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Three in a Row: Team Turner Racing Finishes 5-6-7 at Ohsweken  (Read 628 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Three in a Row: Team Turner Racing Finishes 5-6-7 at Ohsweken

Jamie Turner races off turn two at Ohsweken Speedway.
(Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media).   

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – June 19, 2017 – Team Turner racing turned in its best night of the season with a top-five and two top-10 finishes in 360 Sprint Car action at Ohsweken Speedway last Friday night.

Cory Turner led the way for TTR in the KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97, but the three drivers finished consecutively in fifth, sixth and seventh. Jamie Turner was sixth in his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 which afforded him the first top-10 finish of his 2017 campaign. Ryan Turner drove his Ace’s Bar and Grill No.91 to a seventh-place result.

The night started out with a tough challenge for all three drivers as each was forced to start at the rear of their heat. Cory, Jamie and Ryan finishes seventh, eighth and ninth, respectively.

“My crew officially cut me from drawing for heat races because I don’t think I’ve drawn ahead of seventh,” joked Ryan. “We just missed the setup in the heat race. We tried something different and it didn’t really work.”

The team worked hard to improve all three cars in between the heats and the 20-lap Feature event. Each car underwent several changes to prepare for a slick track that was significantly different from the heats.

“In between the heat and the Feature we saw it was going to slick off so we through the kitchen sink at it trying something different,” Ryan said. “I knew I would probably have a caution to roll into the pits and change stuff if I had to.

All three drivers were able to move forward in the field. At the halfway mark, Cory briefly held the fourth spot during a hard battle with Mikey Kruchka that saw the two drivers exchange slide jobs.

“I was running the top and there was nothing at all on the bottom so if you wanted to pass guys you had to slide them,” Cory explained. “I had a good race with Mikey and I thought I had him, but he just gave it to me in turn one. I had a feeling that was coming and I needed to cross him back over and get back to the fence and I couldn’t get a good enough run off the bottom.”

Jamie had his best run of the season to race to sixth and past Ryan while trying to track down Cory for a top-five finish. The strong run was further evidence Jamie has his car pointed in the right direction.

“In the middle of the race, Cory was going really hard with Mikey Kruchka and I thought I was going to get by them both at once. Near the end I saw Ryan right underneath me so I drove a little harder the last lap,” Jamie joked. “It was a good time.”

Ryan’s run to a solid seventh-place finish was well-deserved and perhaps more satisfying after bouncing back from the heat race disappointment.

“The car seemed hooked up pretty much anywhere, so I was really happy considering how slick the track was,” Ryan said. “That’s a track we’re probably going to see a lot this year. It’s something to work off of. We can definitely change it a little bit and tighten the car up a little bit more.”

For Jamie, the strong run helped to prove the hard work he and his team have put in over the last several weeks is worthwhile with the program trending upwards.

“Ryan and the guys really worked on my car this week to change things around and it was the first night this year I’ve had some fun,” Jamie said. “Usually I don’t have this much trouble getting a top-10. It’s taken me four weeks, but it’s good. We’re looking forward to next week already.”

Next week the team has a doubleheader planned with stops at Ohsweken on Friday, June 23 and at Merrittville on Saturday, June 24 against the Empire Super Sprints. For additional information on both events, visit www.ohswekenspeedway.com and www.merrittvillespeedway.com.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 5 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 1 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 7 Starts: 0 Wins, 1 Top-5s, 3 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 9 Starts: 0 Wins, 5 Top-5s, 7 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS

Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Aces Bar & Grill, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Caistor Agri Services, J’N’E Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, Insta-Panels, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Top Flight Wings,  Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24258.msg116824#msg116824
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats