Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RACINE & WHITTAM ON TOP IN VICTORY LANE WITH THE LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 1230 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RACINE & WHITTAM ON TOP IN VICTORY LANE WITH THE LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets graced the asphalt at Flamboro Speedway Saturday night in a race sponsored by M&M Products Quality Home Appliances Inc from Dundas.  M&M Products has been service the Flamboro and surrounding area since 1968 with quality brand name home appliances.   Check out their website at http://www.qualityappliances.ca

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Club would like to send a great big Thank you to Ward Misner at M&M Products for his support and sponsorship for last night’s race and their commitment to the sponsoring of sports teams in the Flamboro and surrounding areas.

Cory Whittam found himself back in Victory Lane earning his second career win and second feature win this season with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets.  Whittam’s first win came in July at Grand Bend Speedway.

“I won! “, said Whittam.  “I have to give a great big thank you to the Hickson Family, my mom, my dad and my lovely wife Connie.  It was a great run and on my home track nonetheless.”  “The car was moving and it was hooked up just right.” “I don’t have any sponsors to thank; I’m always looking for sponsors so I’m hoping this win will help.”

It is said that marriage brings good luck and in Whittam’s case it must be true.  Whittam and his wife Connie were married just last Saturday while the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets took a much deserved week off from racing. Congratulations Cory and Connie.

Whittam who started fourth gained the lead in turn 4 going three wide on the high side with Dominique Smith and Lucas Munsie on the first lap in a race that went green to checkers with no cautions.

Lap 2 Darren Dryden left the race suffering from mechanical issues which plagued him all night. 

With Whittam out in the lead Adrian Stahle settled into second, Dominique Smith held third, Lucas Munsie favoured fourth and Ryan Fraser was fast in fifth.

Current Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget point’s leader Adam Racine started tenth and was quick to move forward.  By lap 5 Racine was already up to sixth.

Two laps later Fraser made a move on Smith getting alongside her going down the back stretch and completing the pass coming out of turn 3 while Racine capitalized following Fraser.  Mack DeMan who started ninth seemed to start his charge forward as his car started to come to life.

As Stahle constantly battled Whittam for position trying to take the lead every chance he got, 10 car lengths back, Fraser and Racine had their own battle going on for third while DeMan, 5 car lengths back, took advantage and was able to close the gap. 

Lap 19 DeMan’s perseverance paid off when he was able to pass Racine going into turn 1, with sights now set on passing Fraser. 

With 2 laps to go DeMan passed Fraser to take third.

As the checkered flag flew it was Whittam, Stahle, DeMan, Fraser and Racine who earned the top 5.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Feature #2 finish was…1. CORY WHITTAM, 2. Adrian Stahle, 3. Mack DeMan, 4. Ryan Fraser, 5. Adam Racine, 6. Dominique Smith(R), 7. Steven Murdoch, 8. Barry Dunn, 9. Brandon Zavarella, 10. Jeff Blackburn, 11. Lucas Munsie(R), 11. Jeff Blackburn, 12. Darren Dryden.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Feature #1 started out with Munsie on Pole in a race that was green from start to finish.

Racine had an amazing run tonight.  Once out front, Racine led the field by 12 car lengths.

“I’d like to thank my Dad, crew chief Brendan and my sponsors, Dettmer Tirecraft Auto Centre in Kitchener, Retail Design Group, T-Weber Oilspraying and Paving and Schwartz Inc.

As Munsie led the field to the green flag, it was outside pole sitter Smith that quickly took command and jumped out front leading the first of three laps. 

Suffering mechanical issues, Dryden chose to give up his 8th starting position and started at the rear of the field.  On the 2nd lap Dryden took his car to the pits.

Lap 4 Dunn charged Smith going to her inside in turn one making the pass for the lead.  Starting from tenth, current point’s leader, Racine was quick to move forward entering the top 5.  Dunn, Smith, Murdoch, Racine and Munsie round out the top 5.

Continuing his charge forward, Racine traded places with Smith going down the front stretch and into turn 1 on lap 6 to capture second. 

3 laps later Racine had caught Dunn for the lead over taking him going into turn one.

Back in the field, DeMan who started eleventh was on a march straight to the front entering the top 5 on lap 9, while the pole sitter, Munsie , fell out of the top 5 into sixth.

Stahle, who had started in ninth, spent the first half of the race holding that ninth position.  Midway the car came to life and Stahle started a charge toward the front getting up to sixth by lap 15.

Lap 16 Jeff Blackburn, running in tenth, took to the infield and pulled out of the race.

As the laps quickly passed, Racine held a large lead over DeMan in second.  Dunn and Fraser were battling for fourth while Stahle crept up behind them.

With 2 laps to go Dunn, Fraser and Stahle had a 3 way battle for fourth.  Stahle was able to make the pass on Fraser for fifth but ran out of time to take down Dunn in fourth.

Join the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets when the return to Flamboro Speedway next Saturday August 26th.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Feature #1 finish at Famboro Speedway on August 19, 2017 was…1. ADAM RACINE, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Steven Murdoch, 4. Barry Dunn, 5. Adrian Stahle, 6. Ryan Fraser, 7. Cory Whittam, 8. Brandon Zavarella, 9. Dominique Smith(R), 10. Lucas Munsie(R), 11. Jeff Blackburn, 12. Darren Dryden.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget top 10 in Driver points are as follows…1. ADAM RACINE…2547, 2. Adrian Stahle…2427, 3. Ryan Fraser…2269, 4. Darren Dryden…2259, 5. Steven Murdoch…2081, 6. Barry Dunn…2068, 7. Cory Whittam…1803, 8. Dominique Smith(R)…1792, 9. Lucas Munsie(R)…1695, 10. Mack DeMan…1600

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24928.msg117494#msg117494
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats