Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Results August-16th  (Read 12500 times)

Offline Jackman2007

• Team Owner
Re: Sunset Results August-16th
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »
What a Joke!!!!!

I normally don't post after so many back and forths, but are you kidding?  I have a feeling that the 1/2 second difference was between Ross' WORST race lap time and the 4funs BEST race lap time. 

Matching different sized tubing is used for safety.  I have a set-up in the front and back ends of my car made of 2 different sizes of tubing.  It takes the force of the hit and colapses.  This stops the damage to my frame, rad, motor, control arms, etc.  If you question this, come and look at my car on Saturday, I will gladly hold your hand and explain it to you.  Evidence of this is my hit last night.  I took it off the trailer this morning, and aside from a couple of bent bars, and a bit of missing paint, the car has no other damage.  Even the tow is perfect.

And sorry Ash, you don't ever have to be injured or be stiff the next day . . . I hit the 3 car HARD last night, and because of the safety equipment in my car, I'm not the least bit stiff.
Here you have it people ! Kristi explained why you run a rollbar with different sizes of tubing throughout the car very well ! I love seeing a woman explain how and why and be right . +1 for Kristi  and Ross you ran a great race . I'm happy to see every extra car that appears at an invitational . It makes for quite fun racing to watch and I'm sure more fun for all you drivers . We all know that racers aren't on a high dollar payout here in Canada at this time but everyone does their best to put a show on for us all . I appreciate every dollar and every minute of time , each of you dedicate to my favourite past time .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51164#msg51164

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 09:02:14 PM »
The question i have is why would i sink a 1000$ into a for fun car as some one mentioned when we have a $750 claim rule!!

Because your life is worth more than the $250 difference? Right?

If you can't get a caged 4-fun car built for under $750, you are either spending too much on parts, or trying to cheat. Like how much do you spend on the car to build? 300 bucks tops? 300 + 230 for a NEW cage = $530. Exclude the race seat from the claim. Who wants a seat that may not fit them anyhow?

The $ 750 claim rule was suspended @ the drivers meeting where they announced the new safety measures and rules for the class .

Heres what a car really costs .

ect ect ect

Read my post "why 4 fun drivers need a cage". You will see a Civic there I picked up for $150, and made a cage out of one length of tube $35. And ran it lke that. Stupid yes, but it was a $185 dollar car. Think the extra $565 would get me out there safe... I'd even buy the tube bender in that price. I had the civic up forsale. 1/2 a cage in it too. Only wanted the $150 I'd be getting from scrap. Guess what, it went for scrap. I have a 92 4-door cavilier, unfortunatly V6, but would work for Mosports class. Its actually one of the better choices there. $200 its yours. Guess where it will be going in a month... Will be picking up a 6000 this week, not sure if its a 6 or a 4. That might be up for $200. And thats just me.

Point is as you said the claim is gone, so who cares? Even when its was there, who is going to claim a 4 fun car for $750, even with a decent 4 point cage, when there are mini-stock cars out there for under 1,000?

You can blow whatever you want on a car, and we can argue to we are blue in the face. Facts are a) there is no claim and b) your safty is priceless.

The welder offer is still open, yet I've had no takers on that. Just to clarify, the offer was you bring your own wire, and weld it yourself. I'll be happy to give you tips, and you should have it all roughed in 1st.

Actaully I'm kinda lost here what is your point? Is it a) safty isn't worth spending any money on b) you just plain don't want to see safe cars on the track c) racing costs money or d) a marine tank is better than a fuel cell ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51165#msg51165
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:06:23 PM by rossevans30 »
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »
I appreciate every dollar and every minute of time , each of you dedicate to my favourite past time .

Thank you  ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51166#msg51166
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats