Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Phil Potts Settles For Sixth At Brighton  (Read 772 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Phil Potts Settles For Sixth At Brighton
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:45:38 AM »

BRIGHTON, Ont. – June 26, 2017 – Phil Potts returned to Brighton Speedway weekly Pro Late Model action on Saturday night and earned a sixth-place finish at the Northumberland County oval. It was Potts’ sixth top-10 finish of the season.

Potts started the night with a fifth-place finish in his heat, which qualified him into the handicap inversion.

“We had a good qualifier run going until I bumped the berm and spun out,” Potts said. “I started sixth and finished fifth.”

The handicap inversion placed Potts 11th on the starting grid. The 30-lap Feature ran caution-free and Potts was able to gain five positions on a very fast racetrack.

“We started 11th and finished 6th. I don’t blame the car, I blame the driver because I waited too long to go,” Potts said. “I was taking my time passing people, saving the car and it was a mistake. By the time I got going, Charlie (Sandercock) was gone again. He has something figured out because he is wide open on the berm.”

Potts described the track as racey and competitive all night long, but with challenging elements to it. The surface was not the same at both ends of the one-third mile clay oval.

“It was a weird one to gather,” Potts said of the racetrack. “In one and two you could run wide open, but three and four I had a hard time getting ahold of it. It was tight on the bottom and slick in the middle. There was nothing up top in three and four that I could find, but one and two were absolutely gorgeous. I could ride wide open on that berm.”

Naturally, Potts would have preferred to park his Vanderlaan Building Products No.29 Longhorn Chassis in Victory Lane, but is content with the sixth-place run.

“I came home with a sixth-place finish without a scratch on the car and didn’t hurt a tire or anything,” Potts said. “We took the positives away from a good night of racing.”

With that said, he’s certainly eager to find more speed and earn his first win of the year. Part of that will be finding a strategy that leads to a win.

“You can’t afford to wait, but you have to have a car at the end. It’s tough balance,” Potts said. “The 50 laps next week will prove something. It’s tough because Charlie’s on fire.”

Potts’ sponsor Orange Motorsports was also the event sponsor for the night which allowed Potts to participate in a KTM Motorbike demonstration at intermission.

“I had a blast,” Potts said. “I didn’t set any records, but I had fun. A big thanks to Orange Motorsports for letting us ride their 250cc KTM motorbike.”

Potts will return to action next week at Brighton Speedway on Canada Day July 1 for the track’s annual 50-lap Pro Late Model mid-season showdown. The Fowl Mood Race Team remains focused on improving their operation and Potts believes they have a car capable of winning one of the biggest races of the year at Brighton.

“The car is not the issue,” Potts said. “We’ll figure this out. You have to worry about yourself.”

For additional event information on Canada Day at Brighton Speedway, visit www.brightonspeedway.ca.

SEASON STATS
Phil Potts – 7 Starts: 0 Wins, 4 Top-5s, 6 Top-10s

FOWL MOOD MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/FowlMoodRaceTeam
Twitter: @FowlMoodRacing.

The Fowl Mood Race Team’s 2017 season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including Vanderlaan Building Products, Brighton Recycling, Indewey Excavating, Bay Marine, Orange Motorsports, On Time Body and Graphic, Crow Design, Bill’s Johns, K-D Transmission, Image Factor Media and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24328.msg116894#msg116894
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 27, 2017, 05:45:38 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats