Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Racing Banquets  (Read 1638 times)

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
Racing Banquets
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
Hey Happy 2012 everyone...
Here is hopin that EVERY track, racer, team and fan has a great race season to come...
I wasnt sure where to post this or how to post it politely, and I love checking out other race sites, results, race pictures and banquet pics..
BUT to start I love racing, LOCAL racing more so...and it takes time...it take lots of hard work...and it takes MONEY....lots of MONEY...and some have more to spend and others havent...and some depend on SPONSORS...tracks need SPONSORS...
And doesnt every driver and every track want more SPONSORS ?
And I kno cars get banged up, cars get crashed up and they get dirty...they are alot of work, time and MONEY to maintain and look good weekend after weekend...
Now to my peeve, not really a peeve but I just dont understand it...
After a season of all this time, work and MONEY spent...you go to the banquet in ripped jeans, or dirty jeans and a t shirt...
NOW...I kno times are tough BUT really... for the price of a pit admission at some tracks u can get a pair of slacks and a dress shirt at Walmart and look more presentable for yourself, your team, your track and the other drivers that are in the same pic as you, and they may want to share these pics with friends and future SPONSORS...
I helped a new driver out once back in the 80's before sweats and spandex were normal apparel, guy wasnt a great driver but he was so likeable that he got a couple of sponsors and was able to race.
I just remember he got an award and collected it wearing jeans and beer t shirt. His sponsor was there in a 3 piece and refused to share a pic...wanted the driver to "have his moment"...but we knew...and the driver had no sponsors the next year...
Didnt mean for a rant or to offend...just passing on a thought...
Lets hope for all things great in racing for 2012 !!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14616.msg99775#msg99775
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Racing Banquets
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
Re: Racing Banquets
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:23 AM »
as a huuuuge supporter of track pants, i must agree! like my old boss once told me, you may be a turd, but you don't have to look like one! lmao

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14616.msg99785#msg99785

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Re: Racing Banquets
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats