Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DEMAN TAKES 6TH WIN IN LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGET SERIES  (Read 1060 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DEMAN TAKES 6TH WIN IN LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGET SERIES
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS
SAUBLE SPEEDWAY, Sauble Beach, ON
September 7, 2015
by Cindy Lorenz

Photo by Paul Husby
Top Three at Sauble Speedway, Rob Neely 2nd, Winner Mack DeMan, Darren McLennan 3rd.

Mack DeMan was in Victory Lane for the 6th time this season as the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets ran at Sauble Speedway on Saturday night. In their 14th race of their 50th Anniversary Year, the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets raced in front of a packed grandstand on a hot Labor Day Weekend. DeMan took the lead on lap 8 from Darren McLennan and never looked back. Accepting his winners trophy DeMan said when asked who he wants to thank, "My Dad has 40 years experience in racing and Andy Mackereth has 20 years in midget racing alone, so I was very lucky when asked to race 'The Mackereth TQ #40' when I was only a teenager. The caution came out allowing me to dial in an adjustment to the car and that was all I needed to send me to the front. I want to thank Lucas Oil for all their support and thank all these fans here tonight! Thanks for coming out."

McLennan took over the pole from Steve Murdock when something broke on the car during the warm-up laps and he was done for the night. Murdock, in his rookie season with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, has been doing an outstanding job this season but luck was not on his side tonight. McLennan took the green as DeMan went from is 4th starting spot to second on the first lap. Ryan Fraser, currently second in points and running another strong race was in third. Adrian Stahle was fourth and Todd Cresswell rounded out the top five. McLennan was opening up a good lead but was aware of DeMan behind him.

Rob Neely and Tyler Turnbull were battling for the sixth spot right behind Cresswell. Turnbull passed Neely for position but Neely grabbed it back. One lap later Neely went around Cresswell for 5th place. Going into turn two on the next lap Cresswell spun and the one and only caution flag of the evening was shown.  As the cars lined up to go back to green McLennan now had DeMan on his tail. Fraser, Stahle and Neely were all in a bunch. McLennan and DeMan ran side by side until DeMan made his move down the backstretch and took the lead. McLennan stayed close as Fraser remained in third but Neely got around Stahle and moved into the fourth spot.

DeMan poured on the heat and began to open up his lead over the remainder of the field. McLennan, who always runs very well at Sauble Speedway, was not backing off. Neely caught up to Fraser and their close battle ensued. Lap after lap veteran driver Neely ran against his protégé Fraser for position as the laps began to tick off. DeMan set a blistering pace and began to lap cars. With five laps to go DeMan had a ten car lead over McLennan as Fraser and Neely still fought for third. Stahle remained in fifth with Turnbull on his back.

With three laps to go Neely motored around Fraser and set his sites on McLennan. On the final lap as DeMan was taking the checkered flag Neely dove around McLennan coming out of turn 4 and took 2nd place. Fraser finished fourth and Stahle got a top five. DeMan, Neely and McLennan congratulated each other in Victory Lane for some fast, clean racing that saw the 25 lap feature run in 7 minutes! Heats were won by Fraser and McLennan and the 'B' Main was won by Brandon Zavarella.
Of Note...Rookie James Marche got another top ten finish, finishing 9th from his 14th place start. Turnbull broke an axle in practice but got it fixed and finished 6th.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets held their Annual Pot Luck Picnic on Sunday afternoon to celebrate their 50th Anniversary year and everyone had a great time. The next race on the 2015 schedule will be at Full Throttle Speedway in Varney, ON this Saturday night. Defending Champion DeMan has the points lead with three races to go.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway on September 5th is...1. MACK DEMAN, 2. Rob Neely, 3. Darren McLennan, 4. Ryan Fraser, 5. Adrian Stahle, 6. Tyler Turnbull, 7. Barry Dunn, 8. Brandon Zavarella, 9.James Marche (R), 10. Darren Dryden (R), 11. Todd Cresswell, 12. Craig Pitchell, 13. Johnny Dryden (R), 14. Dylon Smith. DNS...Steve Murdock.

Top Ten in Drivers Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of September 5, 2015 are...1. MACK DEMAN...1889, 2. Ryan Fraser...1745, 3. Rob Neely...1711, 4. Darren McLennan...1694, 5. Brandon Zavarella...1644, 6. Tyler Turnbull...1604, 7. Barry Dunn...1493, 8. Todd Cresswell...1473, 9. Adrian Stahle...1441, 10. James Marche (R)....1401.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21899.msg114422#msg114422
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 07, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats