Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Team Turner Racing Takes Flight With Best Week of 2017 at Ohsweken  (Read 752 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Team Turner Racing Takes Flight With Best Week of 2017 at Ohsweken

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – August 21, 2017 – Team Turner had its best night of the season during Kool Kidz-Corr/Pak 360 Sprint Car action at Ohsweken Speedway as all three drivers earned at least a pair of top-10 finishes on Friday night. The night held double features for each driver with last week’s August 11 rain out being made-up at the beginning of the night.

Cory Turner led the way in his KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 as he won his first career 360 Sprint Car race at Ohsweken in the make-up Feature that started the night.

“It was pretty cool. We’ve been close so many times,” Cory said. “I think we’ve run second at least three or four times over the past four years. It was nice to nail that one down. It was a little lucky, but we had to be there to get it.”

Cory also earned a third-place finish in his heat and was third in the regularly scheduled Feature later in the night. That made three straight podium finishes for Cory in the last week.

“I’m really happy with that,” Cory explained. “Our car is 100 times better than it was a month ago. It’s really helped getting my main crew guy Nate back from Knoxville. He’s been spending a lot of time on the car and it’s showing. We didn’t change a whole lot for that second feature, but we were definitely good.”

Ryan Turner had a strong night in his Ace’s Bar and Grill No.91 with a sixth-place finish in the make-up Feature before a seventh-place result in the second main event.

“We were definitely fast,” Ryan said. “The crew had the car good again. I wish I had got through my heat race a bit better. I think that was our fastest car of the year and we ran our fastest lap of the night on lap 19 of the first Feature. I was really starting to get the car going good by the end of that Feature.”

It was Ryan’s third top-10 finish in as many starts as he continues to build momentum towards the big season-ending events.

“My confidence is definitely up right now,” Ryan said. “It seems like every time we hit the track, I know what kind of car I’m going to have. We’re not searching too far right now. As a team, we’re a lot more comfortable. I’m really happy with the way we’re starting to finish off this season.”

Jamie Turner earned a pair of 10th-place finishes in his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 and continues to improve on his season after also recording a sixth-place result last week at Humberstone Speedway. The highlight of the night for Jamie was seeing his son Cory win in a Sprint Car at Ohsweken for the first time.

“Seeing Cory win just makes it a good night,” Jamie said. “My car was okay. We worked on it all night trying to chase it. I had it way too tight in the first one. I thought the track was going to slick out more than it did and it didn’t. In the second feature, we were definitely better, but the results didn’t show it.”

The team celebrated their strong night post-race in the pit area with more than a hundred supporters at their annual corn roast. Team Turner Racing’s annual corn roast is a family tradition Jamie’s father Don Turner started while racing Modifieds at Merrittville Speedway.

“My dad started that probably 40 years ago, “ Jamie said. “I have a lot of my friends and family and races from the past who show up on corn roast night and I get to see them once per year. We have a good time and now the boys are running with it. For us, it’s one of our biggest nights of the year and with Cory winning it only made it that much bigger.”

“We like to show our support for everyone that comes and helps us out and throw a party once per year,” Ryan added. “I think this year we had the most people we’ve ever had and it’s awesome. It’s good to see. It’s a positive thing for the track and for racing.”

Team Turner Racing will be back in action at Ohsweken on Thursday, August 24 for the Triple Crown Showdown. Race time is 7:30pm. Additional event information is available at www.ohswekenspeedway.com.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 14 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 4 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 19 Starts: 0 Wins, 2 Top-5s, 10 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 21 Starts: 1 Win, 11 Top-5s, 16 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS
 Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Aces Bar & Grill, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Caistor Agri Services, J’N’E Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, Insta-Panels, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Top Flight Wings,  Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24942.msg117508#msg117508
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats