Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cadillac DPi-V.R Teams Head North Canadian Tire Motorsports Park  (Read 788 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cadillac DPi-V.R Teams Head North Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

Cadillac DPi-V.R undefeated in six races

New York - Cadillac V-Performance racing teams Konica Minolta Cadillac, Mustang Sampling Cadillac and Whelen Engineering Cadillac are heading north to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix to run at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP) July 7-9. The Cadillac DPi-V.R remains undefeated in the IMSA DPi prototype competition.

The IMSA WeatherTech Championship Cadillac DPi-V.R teams they are running back-to-back races. Coming off of their win at Watkins Glen two days ago, Christian Fittipaldi and Joao Barbosa are ready to keep the momentum going in their No. 5 Mustang Sampling DPi-V.R. In the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R Ricky and Jordan Taylor had their undefeated IMSA season end at Watkins Glen and are hungry to get back on the top step of the podium. Dane Cameron and Eric Curran in the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R are coming into the track formerly known as Mosport as the races defending prototype winners. They will be looking to log their first win in the new Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype.

"Canadian Tire Motorsport Park has always been one of my favorite places," said Cameron. "I remember the first time I went there, driving an open wheel formula car - my dad was engineering me, and I was studying data before we got to the track. I'll never forget - it is a 10 turn track, but there were only three corners where you were actually using the brakes! I love it, just one of my all-time favorite places and the fans are great there, they always have a lot of people turn out. It is old school, with cool, big, bad-fast corners that really punish mistakes and you have to be very committed around there to put a lap together."

Fittipaldi likes the challenge of the 2.4-mile, 10-turn track located 45-minutes north of Toronto.

"One of the things I love about IMSA is that all the tracks we go to are awesome, all through the schedule, and now we are going to another one of these great tracks Canadian Tire Motorsport Park," said Fittipaldi. "We've had some days where we were very competitive there, but the luck didn't fall our way. So we still have to get to that top spot on the podium there! It is unbelievably quick. You are always in a corner it seems - you finish one, and then immediately the next one is right there. It is a challenging lap and with the speeds we have, you operate on a different rhythm running at that pace. It will be very competitive racing again, like what we saw at the Glen and hopefully it can be a similar result!"

Jordan Taylor has already seen the top step of the CTMP podium when he won there in May with Michael Cooper in the Cadillac ATS-V.R Coupe in Pirelli World Challenge competition.

"It was good to get some miles and even a win at CTMP already this year in the World Challenge Cadillac ATS-V.R Coupe," Jordan Taylor said. "CTMP is an old school track that still has those daunting corners left over from the Formula 1 days. It is a track where the driver can still make a difference with regard to putting in a fast lap. It is old school and very high speed. We will be taking turns one, two and eight pretty much flat-out in a prototype. Coming back with the Cadillac DPi-V.R it is going to be very physical as well. We will be testing our neck muscles for sure this weekend."

The IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship will travel directly to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park north of Toronto for next weekend's Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix to run July 7-9.  Prototype qualifying will take place on Saturday, July 8 at 1:20 p.m. The race will be broadcast on FS1 at 12:00 p.m. EDT, Sunday July 9.

Cadillac DPi-V.R 2017 Results
Race Drivers Qualified Finished Points Position TPNAEC
Daytona 24 Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor, Max Angelelli, Jeff Gordon 4 1
  1 (35) 1 (18)
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi, Filipe Albuquerque                 1 2 2 (33) 2 (16)
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron, Mike Conway, Seb Morris 2 6 6 (25) 4 (10)
Sebring Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor, Alex Lynn 6 1 1 (70) 1 (32)
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi, Filipe Albuquerque 2 2 2 (65) 2 (29)
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron, Mike Conway, 3 3 3 (56) 5 (17)
Long Beach Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor 1 1 1 (105)   
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi 2 7 2 (89)   
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron 5 8 5 (79)   
COTA Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor 1 1 1(141)   
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi 4 3 2(119)   
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron 3 2 3(110)   
Detroit Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor 12 1 1 (177) 1 (32)
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi 1 4 2 (147) 2 (29)
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron 2 2 3 (143) 5 (17)
Watkins Glen Jordan Taylor, Ricky  Taylor 4 6     
  Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi, Filipe Albuquerque 3 1     
  Eric Curran, Dane Cameron, Filipe Albuquerque 6 7   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24403.msg116969#msg116969
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats