Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT Race Preview: Indianapolis 500  (Read 636 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT Race Preview: Indianapolis 500
« on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »
Indianapolis 500-Mile Race

NO. 98 NAPA AUTO PARTS / CURB HONDA
THIS YEAR
STARTING POSITION QUALIFYING SPEED
3rd 231.487 MPH
PREVIOUS INDY 500 STATISTICS
BEST START (Prior to 2017) BEST FINISH
11th (2016) 1st (2016)
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
9th / 99 pts.
"I’m very much looking forward to get going and finally taking part in my second Indy 500. It’s been a strong month for the whole team and the qualifying results have proven that. Now it’s just about taking everything we’ve learned throughout the month and putting it to work. I think the team has done an amazing job. It’s been a pretty cool experience to come back as the reigning winner, and we’ll do everything we can to continue into another year as Indy 500 champions.”

NO. 26 RUOFF HOME MORTGAGE HONDA
THIS YEAR
4th 231.365 MPH
10th (2011) 11th (2013, 2015)
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
10th / 97 pts.
"It was a great journey for the month of May, I’m very happy with the car and we’ve made good progress. After strong qualifications, I’m very excited for the race. Everything was smooth in the final practice so I am very happy and hope that we have a strong race on Sunday for the Ruoff Home Mortgage team.”

NO. 29 McLAREN HONDA ANDRETTI
THIS YEAR
5th 231.300 MPH
This will be Alonso's first race on the IMS oval
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDING
This will be Alonso's first race in the Verizon IndyCar Series
"It was a lot of action today in a one-hour session. You have a lot of things happening. Everything is compressed on those 60 minutes. So we had some yellow flags; we had some laps to test different things on the car. And just even, you know, very normal things that for everyone else will be straightforward. For me, I don't know where, you know, if we change something on the car, where to find it, you know, on the steering wheel and things like that. So simple things that I am still running behind a little bit, but today I think we put all the ticks in all the boxes and extremely happy."

NO. 27 UNITED FIBER & DATA HONDA
THIS YEAR
8th 230.474 MPH
3rd (2013) 2nd (2006)
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
18th / 71 pts.
"The team has shown good speeds, and we’re starting toward the front so I’m looking forward to a good race. A lot can happen in 500 miles, so we’re just focused in putting the UFD team in the best position possible to be a contender at the end. I’d love to lead a ton of laps, but it’s really the last lap I’m most concerned about.”

NO. 28 DHL HONDA
THIS YEAR
10th 231.442
PREVIOUS STATISTICS
3rd (2012, 2016) 1st (2014)
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
8th / 117 pts.
"Our final practice day was good. I think the DHL car has a lot of speed in it, now it’s just getting the balance right and applying it for race day. I feel good. I feel like if we have a good car, our starting position is not an issue – we can get it done from 10th. Winning another Indy 500 is all I think about. It’s what drives us all."

NO. 50 MICHAEL SHANK RACING w/ ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT
THIS YEAR
27th 225.742 MPH
This will be Harvey's first race on the IMS oval
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDING
This will be Harvey's first race in the Verizon IndyCar Series
"It’s 15 years hard work. My parents and sister and cousin are here. I have a lot of friend and family coming. There are a lot of people who have made this happen – especially my parents and my sister because they have lived this journey with me so I’m just happy to share this moment with them. It’s been a great month - I hope we have a great race. It’s the best experience I’ve ever had in my life."

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24015.msg116581#msg116581
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT Race Preview: Indianapolis 500
« on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats