Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tyler Hawn Takes Pair of Top-5s In OSCAAR Opener  (Read 808 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tyler Hawn Takes Pair of Top-5s In OSCAAR Opener
« on: May 31, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »

Tyler Hawn races into turn one at Flamboro Speedway during the OSCAAR Super Late Model season opener on Saturday, May 27. (Photo by Ashley McCubbin).   

ORO STATION, Ont. – May 30, 2017 – Tyler Hawn got his OSCAAR Outlaw Super Late Model season off to an exciting start when he turned in a pair of fifth-place finishes in twin 25-lap features at Flamboro Speedway last Saturday night.

Hawn, a native of Oro Station, Ont., unloaded his car for the first time since the Autumn Colours Classic last fall. The team’s off-season work appeared to pay off instantly.

“The car felt pretty good right off the trailer,” Hawn said. “It was a good day. We were all a little slower than at the Gold Rush last August, but that’s probably because the track’s still pretty green from the winter. It was definitely a positive start though.”

Hawn ran as high as third in the first feature race, before slipping back to fifth late in the race as he fought handling issues on his Fox’s Bakery No.2h.

“The car got a little tight at the end, so I lost a couple of positions,” Hawn concluded. “Flamboro can be a one lane track and we got shuffled back.”

During the second feature, Hawn ran primarily at the rear of the field while he tested a number of different setup options on his Hawn Motorsports ride.

“I changed some stuff for the second feature, but it wasn’t as good,” Hawn said. “I was playing around with the brake bias a bit to see what can happen. We were running seventh and there was a wreck in front of us at the end, so we finished in fifth.”

The pair of top-five finishes certainly helps boost morale for Hawn and his team early in the season. Hawn is still riding the high from his top-five finish in series points last year and believes the positive attitude last season generated will continue to help him in 2017.

“In my opinion, confidence is the biggest thing in racing,” Hawn said. “If you don’t have confidence, you’re not going to reach your full potential. You have to stay happy, keep digging and try to push forward.”

The team is also focused on enjoying their time at the track. As a result, the Hawn Motorsports stable has added a 1966 Chevy Belmont to their stable that they will race in the OSCAAR Hot Rod Series. The series’ inaugural event is at Kawartha Speedway this Friday.

“We’re going to go out and have some fun. That’s the whole point of this Hot Rod Series – to bring the fun back in it,” Hawn said. I’m pulling double duty, so I’ll get lots of racing in on Friday night.”

Friday night’s event at Kawartha is OSCAAR’s first race at the Fraserville, Ont. track since 2014. With the OSCAAR Super Late Models, Modifieds, Hot Rods and Eastern Ontario Legends all in action, Hawn is excited to tackle the fast 3/8-mile oval again.

“I’m not the best at the bigger tracks,” Hawn admits. “I grew up at Barrie Speedway and raced there for years, so with some of these bigger tracks I find it hard to figure them out. But I’m excited to go back to Kawartha with the confidence I have from last year. I definitely want to try some different things on the car and a new driving style.”

Tyler Hawn would also like to congratulate his brother Daniel Hawn on a heat win and a second-place finish in his first career OSCAAR Pro Midget start last Saturday night at Peterborough Speedway.

For more information on the OSCAAR Racing event at Kawartha Speedway, visit www.oscaar.ca.

SEASON STATS
Tyler Hawn – 2 Starts: 0 Wins, 2 Top-5s, 2 Top-10s

TYLER HAWN MEDIA LINKS
Facebook at facebook.com/HawnMotorsports
Twitter: @Hawn42 and @HawnRacing

HAWN MOTORSPORTS MARKETING PARTNERS
Tyler Hawn is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including Fox’s Bakery and Deli, TSS Top Shops, and Watson’s Garage.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24059.msg116625#msg116625
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 31, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats