Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Slocum Declared Winner of the Street Stock  (Read 739 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Slocum Declared Winner of the Street Stock
« on: July 09, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

(July 8, 2017) Matt Crocker crossed the finish line first in the DMR Auto Sales Street Stock 75 on Saturday night at Speedway 660, but was later disqualified after failing the post-race technical inspection. Fourth place finisher Benji Ruff was also disqualified. When all was said and done Roger Slocum became the winner of the race. Destiny Enkel moved up to second, while Luke Dukeshire was third.

“Wow, I’m having so much fun driving this race car this year and it was a blast coming from the back after spinning out and bringing out a caution earlier in the race” said Slocum. “These long races are always hard on the car and driver but we always look forward to running them and I want to thank DMR Auto Sales for continuing to sponsor this division.”

C.B. Warren’s Auto Care in Oromocto added an extra $300 for the winner, $200 for second and an extra $100 in prize money for the third place finisher. Crocker and Shawn Hyslop won the Street Stock heat races. Luc McLaughlin and Riley Goodwin, winners of two features each this season both withdrew from the race with mechanical issues.

Brent Roy and Dave O’Blenis gave the Speedway 660 fans the most exciting finish of the evening in the RE/MAX Group Four Realty Pro Stock feature. Roy made an exciting cross-over move to pass O’Blenis on the last lap to win the 50 lap feature. Ryan Messer continued his outstanding rookie season with a third place finish in the feature, while Greg Fahey, Kevin Moore and Ashton Tucker won the Pro Stock heat races.

“I started coming to Speedway 660 to watch the races when I was an eight year old kid and never dreamed that one day I would be able to win a race like this against a five time champion” said Roy. “Dave and I raced each other hard those last few laps and both of us were going for the win, but tonight I’m the one fortunate enough to go to victory lane.”

Alexandra O’Blenis faced a lot of tough competition in the Martin’s Home Heating Sportsman Division and scored the victory in the 40 lap feature. Rookie Curtis Collins was second for his best finish of the season, while Drew Greenlaw drove home third. O’Blenis and George Jamieson won the Sportsman heat races.

Kyle MacKinnon and Brody Levesque are good buddies, but you would never know it by the way they traded paint in the Fredericton Gun Shop Sharp shooter feature. When the dust cleared MacKinnon scored the win in the 20 lap race, while Levesque maintained the point lead by driving home second. Matt Martin won his heat race before finishing third in the feature. MacKinnon won the other Sharp Shooter heat race.

Speedway 660 has next weekend off before returning to action on Saturday, July 22nd, with the Sportsman Sharp Shooter 150. The following week the Clark Chevy Best of the Best Pro Stock 150 will be the feature attraction.           

Speedway 660 Feature Results July 8, 2017

DMR Auto Sales Street Stock 50

1. Roger Slocum (Chipman, NB), 2. Destiny Enkel (Saint John, NB), 3. Luke Dukeshire, 4. Courtney Barton (Minto, NB), 5. Kyle Boudreau, 6. Rick Cashol (Saint John, NB), 7. Randy Campbell (Quispamsis, NB), 8. Noah Gillespie, 9. Andre Lahaye, 10. Riley Goodwin, 11. Luc McLaughlin (Geary, NB), 12. Shawn Hyslop, 13. Justin Cole (Harvey , NB),  DQ. Matt Crocker (Fredericton, NB), DQ Benji Ruff (Carlow, NB), 

RE/MAX Group Four Realty Pro Stock 50 Lap Feature

1. Brent Roy (Hanwell, NB), 2. Dave O'Blenis (Boundary Creek, NB), 3. Ryan Messer (Harvey, NB), 4. Kevin Moore (Fredericton, NB), 5. Dustin Tucker (Fredericton, NB), 6. Ben Pelletier (Upperton, NB), 7. Ashton Tucker (Lyttleton, NB), 8. Ian Rasmussen, 9. Jeff Doherty, 10. Brandon Skidmore, 11. Andrew McKay, 12. Robert Tomlinson (Arthurette, NB), 13. Sarah McKay (Quispamsis, ), 14. Greg Fahey (St. Stephen, NB), 15. Shawn Warren (Waasis, NB), 

Martin’s Home Heating Sportsman 40 Lap Feature

1. Alexandra O'Blenis (Boundary Creek, NB), 2. Curtis Collins, 3. Drew Greenlaw (Eastport, ME), 4. Justin Cole (Harvey , NB), 5. John Rankin (St.Martins, NB), 6. Courtney O'Blenis (Boundary Creek, NB), 7. George Jamieson (Fredericton, NB), 8. Clarke Moore, 9. Andrew Rodgers (Smithtown, NB), 10. Robert Raynes (Summerville, NB), 11. Richard Atkinson (Haneytown, NB), 12. Hudson Weston (Saint John, NB), 13. Ryan Raynes, 14. Jacob Logan (Harvey, NB), 

Fredericton Gun Shop Sharp Shooter 20 Lap Feature

1. Kyle MacKinnon, 2. Brody Levesque (Fredericton,), 3. Matt Martin, 4. Kyle Boudreau, 5. Bryan Suttie (Keswick, NB), 6. Scott Kennie, 7. Jon Gahan, 8. Grey Owl, 9. BJ Gillespie, 10. Allison Hall, 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24470.msg117036#msg117036
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 09, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats