Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

+-

Sponsors Ads

Author Topic: ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT HONDA INDY TORONTO QUALIFYING REPORT 07.15.17  (Read 22 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES
HONDA INDY TORONTO
QUALIFYING REPORT
Tune in to CNBC tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET to catch 85 laps of action-packed Verizon IndyCar Series racing from the Streets of Toronto.
 No. 98 ShopAndretti.com / Curb Honda
•STARTING POSITION: 8th
•QUALIFYING TIME: 1:00.0114
•Of Note: Sat in the sixth position when the red flag was thrown in Round 2 of qualifying

“Today was a big step forward from yesterday. I have to credit the team for making the right changes overnight - we were much more competitive today. I think we had a shot at the [Firestone] Fast Six, but the red flag at the end of the session only allowed us to have one lap. It's harder for us to get fast lap times on new tires early in the stint than it seems for other teams. The [qualifying] result is unfortunate, but it’s a lot better than we were looking last night.” 

No. 26 #CheckIt4Andretti Honda
•STARTING POSITION: 10th
•QUALIFYING TIME: 1:00.1970
•Of Note: Sitting in fifth, was in contention of the Firestone Fast Six when the red flag was waved

“I’m disappointed with the qualifying result. We had a good car and had a good lap time in the first round. We moved on to the second round and until the red flag, the car felt quite positive. We ran into traffic on the last lap of the session – there was only one lap to qualify after the red flag – so we didn’t make it. It’s a shame, but we will concentrate on tomorrow’s race. It will be a survival race and hopefully we will have a good car and good race tomorrow.” 

No. 27 United Fiber & Data Honda
•STARTING POSITION: 11th
•QUALIFYING TIME: 1:00.3384
•Of Note: Was unable to get the tires up to temperature before the checkered flag was waved over the Round 2
“The final result is not our full potential, we were faster than where we ended. We advanced to Round 2 and after the red flag, [Josef] Newgarden didn’t get going up to speed in front of us, so we had cold tires on the only lap we had to make it in [to the Fast Six]. I had to clutch in trying to open a gap and I still couldn’t get away from him. The tires were just too cold for the one lap and is disappointing because the UFD car had so much more in it.”   

No. 28 DHL Honda
•STARTING POSITION: 16th
•QUALIFYING TIME: 1:00.0926
•Of Note: Recorded the fastest lap time for Honda during the morning practice. Did not advance to Round 2 of qualifying after an untimely red flag
“The DHL car was the top Honda in the final practice heading into qualifying so things were looking good. We would have been challenging for the [Firestone] Fast Six but circumstances out of our control took us out in Round 1 of qualifying. I was on my fast lap – I had a lap that could have easily put us in the top six – when INDYCAR threw the red flag after the checkered for an incident on the track. It’s unfortunate and frustrating when you’re on the other side of it. I'll do my best tomorrow to get to the front and have a strong showing for our sponsors and the fans."

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=24557.msg117123#msg117123
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Sponsors Ad

site
stats