Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT INDYCAR GRAND PRIX AT THE GLEN RACE REPORT 09.03.17  (Read 579 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
INDYCAR GRAND PRIX AT THE GLEN
RACE REPORT
It was a cold and rainy day at Watkins Glen International but after the rain cleared, it was Alexander Rossi and Ryan Hunter-Reay covered in champagne showers as they took the top and third steps of the victory podium, respectively. 

The Verizon IndyCar Series now takes a one-weekend break before heading to the hills of Sonoma for the 2017 finale event. The Go Pro Grand Prix of Sonoma will broadcast live Sunday, Sept. 17, on NBC Sports Network at 6:30 p.m. ET.
 No. 98 NAPA AUTO PARTS / Curb Honda
•STARTED: 1st // FINISHED: 1st
•Championship: 6th (476 pts.)
•Of Note: Started from the pole position on his way to a second career win
“An amazing job by the whole team today. We had an issue in the beginning with some fuel, the fuel thing, but whatever. It doesn’t matter, the team recovered. We had the pace to do it, but it’s pretty amazing. It’s a huge team effort. I’ve talked about so much how much we’ve improved, I’m so happy we’re finally able to win.”

About battle to the end with Dixon:
“We had a fast car. I knew we had a fast car because we were hitting a fuel number before the final stop and we had pace. I knew he was going to be pushing like hell at the end, and so it was really 12 qualifying laps, and I had the car to do it. We had time, we had the pace, the performance, the tire life, everything was going our way. A huge hats off to Andretti Autosport. Thank you to NAPA AUTO PARTS, thank you to Honda. We’re coming really hard for 2018.”

No. 28 DHL Honda
•STARTED: 7th // FINISHED: 3rd
•Championship: 10th (373 pts.)
•Of Note: Led a total of four laps before settling into the third position, marking his 38th career podium
“The guys did a really good job on pit lane today – amazing job. It got us a lot of track position. It was strange where the yellows fell, we had to come through the field a couple of times. All in all we had a pretty good car, we were just lacking a little bit of front grip to keep up to these two. We have to be happy with a podium, but congrats to the No. 98 team and Alexander [Rossi] on his win, he was certainly in top form this weekend.” 

No. 27 United Fiber & Data Honda
•STARTED: 20th // FINISHED: 16th
•Championship: 13th (336 pts.)
•Of Note: Battled his way into the top four but came home with a 16th-place finish
“We just didn’t have the pace we needed today. After starting in 20th, we were able to get up into the top five with strategy but then fell back a bit. We had a top-nine finish coming, and then [Sebastien] Bourdais totally dive-bombed us taking both of us off the track. It bent my tie rod and we were just limping home.”

No. 26 MilitaryToMotorsport.com Honda
•STARTED: 4th // FINISHED: 19th
•Championship: 8th (421 pts.)
•Of Note: Fought through mechanical issues to finish 19th
“We made a good start. Coming up to the hill P2, we were all set very nicely and I felt, basically, no power. We tried to figure out what was going on. I tried to reset the car on the track – it failed. Everything went zero. Pitting, then came back a few laps down and found a waste gate problem. After that, we were back up to speed but, I think, at the time we were three laps down. Nothing we could do, but at the end of the day, we had the fastest lap – the fastest car on the track. Big congrats to my teammate Alex [Rossi] for his win on the road course and to Ryan [Hunter-Reay] for getting a strong showing. It’s a shame, but as a team, I think we showed trim in the speed so that was a good weekend.” 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25058.msg117624#msg117624
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats