Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tim Kerr Is ‘Back in the Groove’ After Top-10 at Brewerton  (Read 646 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tim Kerr Is ‘Back in the Groove’ After Top-10 at Brewerton; Embracing New Challenges

PICTON, Ont. (June 14, 2018) – After a busy off-season and a tumultuous start to the 2018 campaign, Tim Kerr finally feels like he’s ‘Back in the Groove’ to success behind the wheel of his Village Variety-sponsored No.07 Bicknell Racing Products Big-Block Modified.

The Picton, Ont. native competes weekly in Central New York at Brewerton Speedway and has found a new Saturday home at Land of Legends Raceway in Canandaigua, NY. Kerr admits it was a tough start to the 2018 campaign after a busy off-season.

“I didn’t really get into race mode until the new car showed up in April, so we’re still playing catch-up,” admits Kerr. “(The new car) is the same as what I had two years ago at Charlotte when we won. We switched it up last year and I didn’t really feel that comfortable in the other car, so we went back to what I was comfortable with.”

The transition to the new car with the team’s old specs has also been challenging for the No.07 team as the notebook gets a weekly update without much help from last year’s notes.

“This car’s hooked up more, so our gearing notes are out of whack,” Kerr said. “It’s a learning curve again. The big thing right now is just making the right calls and getting used to what we need instead of what we were doing. We’re not over adjusting, because you could swing a lot of things with these racecars and you just need to get a good baseline. I think we’re at the point where we’re back to where we should be.”

The start to the season saw Kerr go without a top-10 finish in his first half-dozen races before he broke through last Friday, June 8 at Brewerton with a seventh-place finish in his Enders Racing Engines powered ride.

“It did feel good,” Kerr said. “I think we had a little better car than where we finished. I messed up a little on a restart and made a couple of errors, but the car felt good and like it did in previous years. We still have some tweaking to do on it, but it felt good to get a top-10.”

In addition to finding the right balance on the car, Kerr has been challenged by running two categorically different racetracks on back-to-back nights on a weekly basis. Brewerton’s D-shaped 1/3-mile is not at all similar to the big half-mile at Canandaigua. Kerr’s experience at Brewerton guides him in the right direction, but he doesn’t have the same luxury on Saturday nights.

“The biggest challenge is just knowledge,” Kerr explained. “You have to log laps. The more laps you log, the more you learn. Before this year, I had only been to Canandaigua twice. It’s a learning curve, but it’s a good thing for a racer to have a learning curve. Going from a bullring to a big track forces you to be a little more versatile as a racer.”

Now Kerr is looking forward to Friday’s Showdown at Sundown Super DIRTcar Series race at Brewerton. He knows it’ll be a tough field of racers as the series regulars invade to take on the already talented cast of weekly Big-Block racers. However, he feels well-prepared after last weekend’s tripleheader that also saw him race at Weedsport Speedway.

“We made some good strides last weekend,” Kerr said positively. “Friday night will be a good test because it’s a tour race at Brewerton. The racetrack will be fast early, but it’ll slick off and hopefully we’ll be good enough when it gets slippery because that where it counts.”

Keep up with Tim Kerr’s busy 2018 Big-Block Modified schedule all summer long by following him on Twitter and Facebook.

KEEP UP WITH KERR
Twitter: @07TimKerr
Facebook: facebook.com/TimKerr07

Tim Kerr’s 2018 Big-Block Modified season is supported by a number of corporate partners, including, Village Variety and Gas Bar, Hubert Kerr Construction, Home Hardware Picton, The Bronskill Group, Greenbush Electric, Tim Dainard Electric, Bicknell Racing Products, Enders Racing Engines, Threadworks Custom Embroidery, Turnin’ Wrenches, Zero3 Motorsports, Clayton Johns Media, Image Factor Media and The Vinyl Solution.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26147.msg118714#msg118714
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats