January 23, 2017, 06:57:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CRO is getting Revved up for the 2016 race season. This is our 17th Year running the site.

Home   Blogs   Help Canadian Racing Archives Project Articles Picasa Gallery Gallery GoogleTagged Links Login Register  

Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Racing Classifieds - Post for Free
Montreal Inaugural Nascar Busch Series Napa 2000 DieCast Car 1:24
Saginaw 3 Speed Transmission
Micks Motorsports NCaTS Road Course Car

Kat's Metal Litter Box Canadian Rock & Metal Radio

Your Ad here for $175.00 a year

Sponsors Ads
Blog Index » CanadianRacingOnline's Blog
CanadianracingOnline.com since 1999
by CanadianRacingOnline ... May 02, 2015, 11:28:29 AM
OK it's 2015 and CRO has been going since 1999.

Here are some of the other sites we run.

CanadianRacingOnline.ca/RacingTraderOnline.com - Our Free Racing Classifieds site.
CanadianRacingArchives.com - Our Canadian Racing Archives Project.
SocialRacingNetwork.com - Racing Fan Photo's Site.

Check them all out and contribute.

0 Comments | Write Comment

Providing a Track A CD/DVD of Photo's taken at there track?
by CanadianRacingOnline ... September 30, 2011, 12:27:06 AM
OK I have been to many tracks with Press Passes and today I was requesting press pass for a couple of my photographers.

I got a reply saying they this:

We ask that photographers receiving media passes, submit a DVD/CD to the track of the pictures taken in high res that we can use for promotional materials.

I have never heard of this from any tracks and if a track asked me if they could use one of my photo's I would say sure here it is free of charge but requesting a copy of all the photo's I have taken?

I was shocked and replied can I watermark them and the reply I got was yes as long as the watermark is not across the image making them useless. First thought comes to my mind if they did use one of the photo's my watermark would be cropped out.

I guess that track will not get any free promotions from this site, as I just use the photo's to share with users here. I also guess I will not be attending this track as well as maybe they will stop me on the way and ask me to dump my Camera's Media Card before they will let me out of the track. (Just joking but who knows)

File this under Strange Requests.

9 Comments | Write Comment
xx
Re: Providing a Track A CD/DVD of Photo's taken at there track?
by John ... October 01, 2011, 11:42:08 PM
My questions to that are,

How does an in car recording of the race, end to end even, and posted online, fall under the media license? This has become very common over the years.

An in-car camera wouldnít (and isnít) an issue, as it provides fans a different angle than what they see from the grandstand.  In-car cameras are an excellent example of new-media adding to the experience.&nb... Read More

xx
by John ... October 01, 2011, 01:33:02 AM
If we want to get really messy with that, as a driver do I not have rights to my performance on the track? I donít recall signing that off to anyone..

Again, this comes down to cases as to under what circumstances the speedway would assert its rights.

Delaware Speedway has utilized a media wavier for at least the last 10 years which provides the speedway with all manner of media rig... Read More

xx
by CanadianRacingOnline ... September 30, 2011, 06:00:41 PM
I remember one day at Cayuga Speedway when they treated the regulars photographers and writers that attend the track on a regular basis really bad because they had the Nascar Shootout.

They did everything for TSN and other big Media Outlets and treated the smaller ones like garbage.

I remember over hearing the big outlets complaining that the track was cheap not enough good food and not much free stuff. The guys from the smaller outlets were talking and saying they are not ... Read More

xx
by John ... September 30, 2011, 05:10:18 PM
Clearly by the length, depth and flexibility in the post, itís a much different response than a generic "give us your pictures", period. I think itís fair to say handled this that way CRO would be there taking pictures and covering the action.

...and CRO has been to a number of Delaware events in the past.  Arguably, through the Shadow reports, they're there every week.  It ... Read More

xx
by CanadianRacingOnline ... September 30, 2011, 05:05:09 PM
As I said it caught me by surprise. My photographers are volunteers and asking them to provide a CD of all images taken sounded a bit off.

Say they take 500 shots and they requested high res so this would be a DVD. OK Cost of DVD & Mailing is say about $5.00 not much but time consuming. We do this for the users and the tracks not making money off it.

I have no problems with sending a few photos from the event via email but requesting a copy of every photo taken on a C... Read More

Racing Paybacks.
by CanadianRacingOnline ... September 28, 2011, 12:32:43 PM
OK this has been a hot topic for over a week on CRO.

This topic is not to point out drivers or who has done this.

I was just wondering how people feel on this topic.

Is Paybacks part of racing? Should it be aloud? When has a payback gone to far? is it OK that other teams get caught up because a driver wanted to do a payback another driver? Should the tracks be more involved and take stronger actions against guys that do paybacks?

These are many questions I have.

I have always thought a payback is like hockey fighting but now that I have revisited this I think it's not the same.

Others get caught up in someone Else's payback and that is not right. I guess the tracks should take paybacks more seriously, as people can get hurt and a lot of times it's not even the party involved in this payback. Tracks need to get drivers off the track if they are telling people they are going to do this before the race even starts. I feel tracks need to penalize drivers for these payback and if they don't it's just going to get worst and before long someone will get really hurt or the police will get involved like they have done in other sport.

Here are some of my thought feel free to comment on this.

14 Comments | Write Comment
xx
Re: Racing Paybacks.
by tractorfix ... September 29, 2011, 09:09:31 PM
One time this year I was the BONEHEAD. I made a mistake and took me and another guy bigtime into the wall. As soon as I parked my car I went over to apologize. Sure he was pretty hot but he was a gentleman about it and we got it sorted out. I still feel bad about it. OH well, that's racing. I made a mistake and we both paid.
I have also been hit many times in competition by cars either being driven beyond limits or simply jockeying for position in very close quarters. Most of the time ... Read More

xx
by kcbc ... September 29, 2011, 08:22:12 PM
I think XXXXXX should be banned from racing there !

I don`t think there should be any suspensions or `` bannings``because  that just means there`s one less driver, 2 or more team members, possibly family support that are not at the track which for a track management mean less pit admission, less food revenue. They should be fined heavily

As for payback  I think that it means you have no respect for your equipment, the other persons equipment... Read More

xx
by godsmack ... September 29, 2011, 05:56:07 PM
i have been taken out of a race recently by a lapped car ,should i have wrecked him at the time i wanted to kick his ass but seeing my kids with i thought the better of it ,so after the race and into the next week when he came into the shop and still didnt own up to his mistake should i do it or not thats the question. in the end i did not stuff him or touch him for that fact

xx
by Shadowracer ... September 29, 2011, 01:55:25 PM
Go to that extreme and you have a non-contact class where you send anyone to the back who even touches anyone. Makes a good class for rookies to learn, but it is less exciting for the fans. It quickly shuts down a menace that thinks they are Earnhardt, but I wouldnít want to see LM run that way. Mosport 6-or-less ran under those rules, it served its purpose there.

You are going to trade paint threading the ... Read More

xx
by Racer43 ... September 29, 2011, 10:59:35 AM
boo hoo.... sounds to me like that guy is in the wrong sport. As Shrader used to say, if you buckle in your 50% responsible for what happens on the track. If you think your going to make it through your racing carreer without getting takin out by some bonehead who makes a mistake. Your sadly mistaken!!

How to create a video blog on CRO
by CanadianRacingOnline ... March 09, 2011, 06:08:51 PM
Ok you must have a category created before you do any of these steps.

Just type in the url of where the video is stored and that is it.

The video in this blog message shows you how to create a blog on CRO

How to create a Blog on CanadianRacingOnline.com

New things happening at CRO
by CanadianRacingOnline ... October 15, 2010, 05:23:21 PM
Hello members

Behind the scenes we are doing a lot of work for the 2011 racing season.

Most of you might know this already, we opened our Free Racing Classifieds at http://www.canadianracingonline.ca and it is do good and getting tons of hits for only being open for 7 days.

We will be closing the board here and the board will be a redirect to the classifieds site so users that come here to post will see where the ads are placed. I'm really excited about this project as it has been one I wanted to work on for a while a centrial place to see all racing stuff for sale and want ads in one place. I know the tracks have there own but only a limited amount of people see the ads.

I'm thinking of adding a field to the classified ads that will show which track the car has been raced at.

Working on a new front end for the site yet again but this front end will not be tied into the forum it will be more of a information part of the site.

Also will be updating the design of the forum to get it to look like the front end.

A tough year with for sponsors ads. I would like to thank The Dizzy for his continued support. http://www.thedizzy.ca

I feel next season should be a better year to get people to advertise the site as the new look will make the site more professional looking as we have the hits.

We are still looking for a partner. I thought we had some interest from a couple of people but nothing has panned out and I have decided not to sell the site as I will be here to make sure it continues to grow. You would laugh at the offers people gave to buy this site. I have put too much work into this site to give it away. I know the site big just by what people have told me this year.

We are looking for someone that can help us with the NCATS contest for next season as I missed some race prizes this season as I was busy doing other things on the site. If you are interest contact me.

We are looking to form better communications with tracks and series next season to bring more information to the site.

That is about all for now and thanks to all the members and guest that visit the site without you the site would be nothing.

Evan

Read More

Most Recent
CanadianracingOnline.com since 1999
Providing a Track A CD/DVD of Photo's taken at there track?
Racing Paybacks.
How to create a video blog on CRO
New things happening at CRO
CRO May Update
A great night of Racing at Sunset Speedway.
Categories
Racing Blogs (4)
CRO Information Blogs (7)
Racing Comments (1)
Archive
May 2015 (1)
September 2011 (2)
March 2011 (1)
October 2010 (1)
June 2010 (1)
May 2010 (2)
May 2009 (2)