February 27, 2017, 07:17:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CRO is getting Revved up for the 2016 race season. This is our 17th Year running the site.

Home   Blogs   Help Canadian Racing Archives Project Articles Picasa Gallery Gallery GoogleTagged Links Login Register  

Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Racing Classifieds - Post for Free
Montreal Inaugural Nascar Busch Series Napa 2000 DieCast Car 1:24
Saginaw 3 Speed Transmission
Micks Motorsports NCaTS Road Course Car

Kat's Metal Litter Box Canadian Rock & Metal Radio

Your Ad here for $175.00 a year

Sponsors Ads
Blog Index » jmaudsley's Blog » Delaware Improvements
Delaware Improvements
by jmaudsley ... May 07, 2009, 10:43:32 PM
Delaware Speedway…also referred to by my buddies as my second home during the summer.  After coming to Delaware almost weekly since I was a wee lad, I - like many others - was sitting on the fence during the off-season.  With ownership consolidated, many improvements were proposed, but would all those promises be delivered on?

Even though there hasn’t been a regular show yet this year, the track has already seen tremendous improved from 2008, both physically to the facility, as well as in the quality of equipment.

Pit road has been ripped up and replaced, there is enough lumber that was ripped out of the grandstand to roast quite a few pigs.
The VIP lounge has been totally renovated, and there wasn’t a single cent spared on fresh paint. 

Next up should be new pavement in the next few weeks from turn three to the start/finish line.

As for on the track, there were about 25 cars on hand for opening night, and expect close to 30 for this weekend’s 50 lapper.

The other item that has been addressed is the food.  Ask anyone that has had one of the new hot dogs, and you can see why that was one of the features of the latest Delaware newsletter.

Hey, what can I say there’s nothing like a good pit dog at the track!  It’s one of life’s sweetest treats.

So far, the new management has gotten things done behind the scenes, and the race directors’ vision has seen the track with at least the same car counts as a whole 2008, when in these economic times maintaining is fine when very few items that involve financial boundaries are growing.

All systems are go for tomorrow night, maybe some rain during the day, but by the time the first green is ready to fly at 8:00, it should be clear.  Many who are getting to the speedway for the first time this year will be pleasantly surprised with the results of a lot of work in the offseason.  Don’t forget to grab a hot dog!.

0 Comments | Write Comment

Most Recent
Delaware Improvements
Archive
May 2009 (1)