Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

+-

Sponsor Ads

Author Topic: Linc Brown Endures a Frustrating Friday Night at Kawartha Speedway  (Read 748 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Linc Brown Endures a Frustrating Friday Night at Kawartha Speedway

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications

Somewhere, there’s a missing puzzle piece that needs to be found.  Earlier this season, Linc Brown decided to make a return to action in the NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Model division at Kawartha Speedway.  For the first time since 2008, the 47 year-old from Colborne, Ontario would be a regular runner in the track’s headline division.  With a resume at the Fraserville 3/8th miler that includes 2 wins, 24 top 5 finishes and a second place point finish in 2007, he was expecting some strong finishes and perhaps a return to the winner’s circle.

“I’ll be the first to admit that things haven’t gone exactly as we thought they might,” said the driver of the #99 Kawartha Metals/Rousseau Automobile Communications/The Wolf 101.5/Don Butt Auto Body/Mayhew Graphics/Clarke Motorsports Communications Dodge Charger.  “I don’t think it’s the driver and I know it’s not the crew.  There have been some issues with the car along the way, plus since we’ve been gone many of the other drivers have stepped-up their programs to keep pace and that’s left our deal a little bit behind.”

At the most recent show – Friday, July 27th – Linc Brown says the car felt good during the pre-race practice sessions – on older tires – and he was looking forward to seeing how it would perform with a new set of Goodyear rubber during his qualifying heat.  By virtue of the draw for starting spots, he’d fire from inside of the 3rd row in the second preliminary round, but the car stammered as soon as he hit the throttle.  After turning a few laps near the back of the pack, he rolled onto the infield escape road and waited for a chance to return to the pits to diagnose the problem.

“I think it was a concern with the fuel pick-up, which is something that we really can’t search-out or repair at the track,” said Brown.  “It’s frustrating and discouraging, but will certainly make things more enjoyable once we get the program dialled-in.  The only things that haven’t cropped-up yet are brake and overheating issues, but they’re probably next.” 

Another run in the Late Model consolation round gave the team time to see if the car improved with the few changes they’d made after the heat race.  It didn’t and he’d start the 25 lap feature event from 13th position. From the drop of the green flag, Brown took the car to the tail of the field and used the outside line, hoping that lane would allow him to maintain some speed.  The car still struggled to keep-up with the pack and just before going a lap down; he pulled into the infield again.

“There are positive aspects to every setback,” conceded Brown.  “I’m doing something that I enjoy and whether we win or lose, I love being at the racetrack.  That’s why I came back.  I’d like to be running better, but there are others in the same boat.  The car is still 10th in points and just one good night can make a big difference...especially with the double point show coming-up.  Even the best racers get down from time to time, but we’re far from out.”

Photo attachment:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications

A problem with the fuel pick-up knocked Colborne, Ontario’s Linc Brown out of the NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Model feature event – Friday, July 27th – at Kawartha Speedway.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com
                       613.968.6410  /  613.922.0654

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=15994.msg103656#msg103656
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats