Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: THE 34 will race as the 57 at Sunset this season  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Tom Ruff

• Race Fan
THE 34 will race as the 57 at Sunset this season
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »
Good Day to all

Yes the 34 I make reference to is the Jamie Ramsay car that he never got to race. Last November I made a post under smoothracin  in the News and Press Release area advising of our team formation but didn't say much more other than it was a McColl chassis that was unraced. Over the last three years I have had the honour of sponsoring a vehicle at Barrie driven by Ron Quesnelle of Penetang.  In 2005 and 2006 he was LLM champ at the old Sunset and in 2011 he was the NASCAR Provoncial Champion while racing at Barrie.

I never got to meet Jamie or walk with him in his battle, but after my conversations with his father Ken and sister Carol, I know he is a friend who will be looking down watching as the car hit the track.  And as I  sat in his garage and looked at all his trophies.. I know he will be always be part of this car.

Yes, the car was required to be converted to a LLM and Ron , I and crew watched like kids waiting for Christmas  as Mike and his able gang  at MRE converted the car.

Well, it is now ready to test when the white stuff finally leave up here.

On May 3rd the car will make its OFFICIAL RACE DEBUT at Sunset Speedway carrying the 34 on its C pillar as long as our team races this car

I would like to thank Ron and the crew for the work we have done getting a team going from ground up.  Harvick and Budweiser went to team in place. Quesnelle and Ruff and Co. started with lots of enthusiasm and an empty garage and the blessing of our spouses,partners and girlfriends.  It was a major transition for driver, hi ssponsor and team mates as we started our OWN TEAM.  Everything did go smoothly...hence SMOOTH RACING.

Our schedule will include the May 3rd opener at Sunset as well as 10 race  LLM Super Series   and the Home AND Home between Sunset and Sauble as well as the season ending INVI's   Velocity, Garry Reynolds at BSW and Autumn Colours.   A rain date or off week might find us visiting a nearby track like Barrie during the season.

Regards
Tom Ruff

Sunrise Toyota (by day)        Smooth Racing (Saturday nites)
Orillia

Follow our adventures on Facebook     smooth racing.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18974.msg110675#msg110675

CanadianRacingOnline.com

THE 34 will race as the 57 at Sunset this season
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

Offline JLMotorsports

• Pit Crew
Re: THE 34 will race as the 57 at Sunset this season
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats